Nail art, gel polish or regular polish?

Savvi

Hey guys I’m training. And I’ve been playing around with nail art today

Is it best to use gel polish or normal polish? And why

Gel seems more pigmented but it seems to runaway when using for intricate designs. Polish would take a while to dry before being able to add a gel top coat for clients making the appointment time much longer

moonails

I don't do too much nail art but when I do I use gel polish which works well for me as long as the brushes are fine and well kept. However, I know alot of people favour acrylic paint. Dont have to wait too long before you can apply your top coat. Xx

Savvi

Wow I never thought of normal acrylic paints

Anna Ljungberg

I only use normal polish for stamping.
Acrylic/water colour paints for more detailed work.
Gel paints, or gel polish for the more "fast" or simple nail art, or where I want to use pigments or glitters on top of the artwork.

Savvi

I only use normal polish for stamping.
Acrylic/water colour paints for more detailed work.
Gel paints, or gel polish for the more "fast" or simple nail art, or where I want to use pigments or glitters on top of the artwork.
I dont find its very good / clear?

CFBS

I use Konad nail polish that is specifically designed for stamping - high pigment and fast drying.
Sweet squared also sell some - MoYou brand? I think.

Anna Ljungberg

Savvi

Anna Ljungberg

normal polish - its not a very clear stamp transfer
Oh that completely depend on the polish, if it doesn't cover nicely in one thin layer it isn't going to be useful for stamping. You can use the specific stamping polishes, but I also find CND creative play polish works well for stamping.

Savvi

Oh that completely depend on the polish, if it doesn't cover nicely in one thin layer it isn't going to be useful for stamping. You can use the specific stamping polishes, but I also find CND creative play polish works well for stamping.
thanks I will give those a try