nail art? Gel??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzey86

Reaction score
Hi geeky guys,

ok so im a little confused,:eek: i am qualified in nail art, gel and l&p etc etc but something im confused about and wasnt shown...
If someone wants gel or l&p then just normal polish on top, or nail art, do i go to finishing part of enhancements ( refining shape and buffing enhancements (so there is that chalky matt finish etc) then put on polish and then put on uv top coat?? would this work, or how do you guys do it as im slightly confused!!! sometimes i cant use my common sense with these things :rolleyes:
thanks in advance xx

Hiya ...I use gel and alot of my clients have them finished with enamel afterwards.

I do everything the same...even the topgloss gel...(that way if they choose to remove the enamel they still have that lovely glossy finish)....i then do sticky base coat enamel, colour enamel and finish with super shiney topcoat enamel.

Most come back 3-4 weeks later with it all on...sometimes a little worn at the free edge...but they inform me this happens in the last week. Thats alot better than any natural nail enamels last on my natural nail clients.

I'm a bit confused. Do you mean to ask whether you finishing the shaping, etc of the nail before or after you apply polish, top coat (uv), etc?

It's late and I'm easily confused.

oh cool. so let me get this is my head lol (little slow)

Do enhancements, put on glaze and go, cure, put on base coat, wait to dry, enamel/nail art, wait to dry, glaze and go and cure? would this work?

I'm a bit confused. Do you mean to ask whether you finishing the shaping, etc of the nail before or after you apply polish, top coat (uv), etc?

It's late and I'm easily confused.

ok, so i do enhancements, buffing nail to get rid of any lumps and bumps bit thats what i mean lol

oh cool. so let me get this is my head lol (little slow)

Do enhancements, put on glaze and go, cure, put on base coat, wait to dry, enamel/nail art, wait to dry, glaze and go and cure? would this work?

Ahhh, OK...

Just to reiterate what Bagpuss has said... Finish your enhancement as you normally would. If the client wants a polish proceed with your polish application (I personally buff the surface of the enhancement very very lightly with a spongeboard).

This way, if the client wishes to go back to say a french look, the polish can simply be removed without damaging the enhancement.

ah ha, it all makes sense now lol

thanks for your reply peeps, much appreciated!!

hi, glaze n go will not go over polish only enhancements.

Latest posts

Back