Nail Art help - Down Syndrome Week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellenor

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have been asked by a very good friend to offer a discounted price for nails with the Down Syndrome Ribbon for DS Awareness Week in March on a few nails and wondered if anyone had any tips as to how I could do this? I have had a few tries with acrylic paint (this seemed the best way to get the right colours) but thought perhaps someone might have a few artistic suggestions :D
down-syndrome-awareness-ribbon.jpg

What products do you use? Will it be regular polish, shellac? Might be able to give you a few ideas x

Of course sorry I'm so used to commenting on threads about Shellac that I assume people know! Will be on Shellac/Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel only, perhaps the odd regular mani but very unlikely x

Hi

Not got any suggestions regarding acrylic paints as I'm just doing enhancement training now, but I am a mummy to a gorgeous boy who has Down syndrome & think that this is a great idea....I may suggest incorporating some Swarovski's as kids with DS can add some sparkle to your day!
💅

😃

Yes definitely! I was considering using gold and blue (rather than yellow) as I reckon it'll look nicer on the nail. I love the butterfly but I am not at that stage of freehand nail art just yet!

Definitely a worthy cause for me, I am going to donate some of the earnings to Up On Downs as well :)

What about Sharpie pens? Big thread about how great they are for art :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

What about Sharpie pens? Big thread about how great they are for art :)

Funny I was just reading the sharpie thread! Will nip to Rymans tomorrow me thinks and grab a few and have a doodle, thanks!

Sorry I am rubbish at remembering who says what on here lol

Maybe try using Creme puff, cure then layer with a darker colour, leave it for a minute then use a brush dipping in dsperse or dotting tool to carve the ribbon shape then use the acrylic paint or nail art pen to do the colour. You get blue and yellow nail art pens in boots by models own, or your idea of gold and blue?

Hth

Sounds like a great idea though, especially donating some profit to the charity :)

Post some photos!! Would love to see them :) xxxx

Funny I was just reading the sharpie thread! Will nip to Rymans tomorrow me thinks and grab a few and have a doodle, thanks!

Yay. Post some piccies, when you do :) xx

IMG-20130214-WA0001_zpsc80b7ea6.jpg

IMG-20130214-WA0002_zpsd1e422f4.jpg

As requested, here are my designs! Now imagine them outlined in gold (I had to make do with a blue sharpie I already had for now) and on a background like white or perhaps a pale blue? Or cream? What do we reckon for background?

As requested, here are my designs! Now imagine them outlined in gold (I had to make do with a blue sharpie I already had for now) and on a background like white or perhaps a pale blue? Or cream? What do we reckon for background?

They look brilliant, I love the glitter one! It's a really nice thing what your doing as well

Sorry I am rubbish at remembering who says what on here lol

Maybe try using Creme puff, cure then layer with a darker colour, leave it for a minute then use a brush dipping in dsperse or dotting tool to carve the ribbon shape then use the acrylic paint or nail art pen to do the colour. You get blue and yellow nail art pens in boots by models own, or your idea of gold and blue?

Hth

Sounds like a great idea though, especially donating some profit to the charity :)

Post some photos!! Would love to see them :) xxxx

I like this idea! I think I missed it before oops! Will test that out tomorrow too. Need to actually get to a shop!!

And thank you :) my best friend's youngest has downs and I have learnt so much about it that I never knew... I will donate money even if I don't get much call for the art, thought that counts and all that!

Don't know if this is relevant and I'm sorry if I offend you but the colours on your pics are the wrong way round to the first pic you posted :/ xxx

Absolutely love these! And for a great cause. Fantastic xxx

No that's totally fine all the Google images I found were different! But thank you well reminded. I shall clarify with the charity tomorrow to be on the safe side :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Thanking you! I'm going to do my friends tomorrow so she can show them off at her next charity meeting ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Glad I didn't offend you :) they do look great and for a good cause :) xxx

they look great! I think the glitter one would look lovely on Creme puff with spectrum shimmer? Xxx

they look great! I think the glitter one would look lovely on Creme puff with spectrum shimmer? Xxx

Yes I was thinking creme puff but haven't got spectrum shimmer... However an order is going into s2 today and only having a few additives, I feel its time to get some more ;)

By the way, your snow white nails... Brilliant!

Loving everything nails!!

Latest posts

Back