Nail art - inspiration?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

picture.php

hopefully this has worked this time lol

These are beautiful!! Xx

I hate the konad black polish, always bloody smudges no matter if I 'float' the topcoat or whatever. But I haven't found another black that stamps well yet?
The barry m foil polishes don't smudge though, I always use those.
For striping I use the orly stripers. Think they are acrylic based so they never smudge. The wah nails pens are good for me too, for dotting & striping. Xx

Great advice, thank you! I have a models own pen - is that the same as wah? Will look at the orly stripers at professional beauty next month. Do you use pens for leopard print? What do you use for the colours? Sorry for all the q's xx

I was finding my Konad SP were smudging when using normal topcoats but with Shellac top coat, they don't smudge at all. I wipe off the tacky layer of top coat, stamp on top of that, then top coat again. Perfect :wink2: And it's also great because if you don't get the design quite right or the client decides they don't like it, it just wipes off with d-sperse or a very quick wipe with acetone and the colour doesn't get affected

Inspiration wise, like others, I obviously use here and adapt designs I have seen or use different colours etc to make them my own and sometimes I copy as seen, as some are just so lovely.

I also take inspiration from things around me like patterns on curtains, clothes etc and very occasionally an idea will just pop into my head!

I am booking on a course with the lovely busybee32 soon which is a no limits nail artistry course and I'm hoping that will boost my confidence and creative juices a bit more :)

Great advice, thank you! I have a models own pen - is that the same as wah? Will look at the orly stripers at professional beauty next month. Do you use pens for leopard print? What do you use for the colours? Sorry for all the q's xx

Yeah sorry! The models own are the ones in talking about.
Yes for leopard print I use the dotting end of the nail pen. I find it so much easier.
I just dab some random dots of any colour I want and then do some half circles, dots & dashes to make the leopard print. Hope that helps. Xx

Yeah sorry! The models own are the ones in talking about.
Yes for leopard print I use the dotting end of the nail pen. I find it so much easier.
I just dab some random dots of any colour I want and then do some half circles, dots & dashes to make the leopard print. Hope that helps. Xx

That's fab thank you! What are you using for the colour inside the leopard print though?? Xx

i use striper pens etc with gel and i always get clients to put hands in the lamp while im doing other hand, i know lamp doesnt cure the paint but seems to help. most nail art now though i do with shellac, the red and white striped one above is done with shellac and nail art brushes xx

i use striper pens etc with gel and i always get clients to put hands in the lamp while im doing other hand, i know lamp doesnt cure the paint but seems to help. most nail art now though i do with shellac, the red and white striped one above is done with shellac and nail art brushes xx

Great, thank you. So for your leopard blobs you would use shellac? X

That's fab thank you! What are you using for the colour inside the leopard print though?? Xx

Just regular polish, I don't do shellac or gelish yet. x

I follow leah light on facebook, modern salon, salons direct, CND, LeChat etc on facebook, wah nails on instagram. All really amazing stuff on there x

My inspiration comes from what I see around me generally, and the Internet. I look at other people's pictures, take what I like and adapt them if necessary. Today I also secretly took a picture of someone's nails when they were sat next to me. They were very nice!

Great, thank you. So for your leopard blobs you would use shellac? X
yes would do blobs and cure then accent bits and cure then top coat xx

Just regular polish, I don't do shellac or gelish yet. x

cheekychick, how long does your nail art last with regular polish?? your very good by the way xx

cheekychick, how long does your nail art last with regular polish?? your very good by the way xx

Thank you! On me about 5-6 days I'm always changing my nails though as I get bored really easily. On a client the longest that i know about is a week. I use lumos base & top coat and I think they are the reason it lasts. Xx

Thank you! On me about 5-6 days I'm always changing my nails though as I get bored really easily. On a client the longest that i know about is a week. I use lumos base & top coat and I think they are the reason it lasts. Xx

i keep changing my shellac too often lol as i get bored too, i keep thinking of thing sto do on them!! ive got lumos but have only used it a few times. your leopard print is very precise, mine never seem to come out right but i guess its practice!xx

yes would do blobs and cure then accent bits and cure then top coat xx

Thanks, I think I'll dig my nail art stuff out and have a go tomorrow xx

i keep changing my shellac too often lol as i get bored too, i keep thinking of thing sto do on them!! ive got lumos but have only used it a few times. your leopard print is very precise, mine never seem to come out right but i guess its practice!xx

Haha me too I'm terrible. My partner is always moaning that I'm always doing my nails! Lol
Thank you, I used to do it with a striper But one day I tried the dotting end and realised it looked a lot neater so have been using that ever since. Xx

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I've been looking at all the sites you have recommended and I can't wait to get back to work Tuesday and start playing lol

Can I ask where do you buy your striper pens and glitter polishes tho?

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I've been looking at all the sites you have recommended and I can't wait to get back to work Tuesday and start playing lol

Can I ask where do you buy your striper pens and glitter polishes tho?

I got mine from that site we don't mention. Look up item no 221118061916 - these are the ones I have, thin brush one end and metal teeny tiny nozzle at the other. All include nozzle pins.

Actually a great little kit.

I hate the konad black polish, always bloody smudges no matter if I 'float' the topcoat or whatever. But I haven't found another black that stamps well yet?
The barry m foil polishes don't smudge though, I always use those.
For striping I use the orly stripers. Think they are acrylic based so they never smudge. The wah nails pens are good for me too, for dotting & striping. Xx

Which black polish do you use for stamping then hun? xx

Which black polish do you use for stamping then hun? xx

I use the konad special polish still but really need to find something that doesn't smudge. Xx

Latest posts

Back