Nail art - Jading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just back from my night at college and was doing an exam about nail art. On the actual exam paper it mentioned accessories to enhance a nail art service and one was jading.

I've never heard of it and neither had my tutor, I was just wondering if anyone knew what this was? Thanks

Are you sure it wasn't a misprint and it should have actually been fading? :)

Are you sure it wasn't a misprint and it should have actually been fading? :)

That's what I was thinking! I have certainly never heard of Jading! :green:

I did a google search - "jading" + nail art. The only relevant link that came up was back to this post!

I did think that, maybe it was. Then I started to wonder if it was my eyes after a long day and 2 exams lol :)

On a slightly different note (and one of my 'pet subjects') why was a tutor giving out a test paper that they hadn't read and know the exact answers??

On a slightly different note (and one of my 'pet subjects') why was a tutor giving out a test paper that they hadn't read and know the exact answers??

Marian when I did my Level 3 (Beauty) last year it was GOLA testing (online). Our tutors were not allowed to take to exams to see how it worked and they were given answer guildlines for the questions. This meant the tutors didn't see the exam questions AT ALL :eek: It brought up quite a few issues I can tell you but it was the decision of the examining body :smack:

To the OP maybe it was a spelling mistake as I've not heard of 'jading' in nail art either :lol:

Marian when I did my Level 3 (Beauty) last year it was GOLA testing (online). Our tutors were not allowed to take to exams to see how it worked and they were given answer guildlines for the questions. This meant the tutors didn't see the exam questions AT ALL :eek: It brought up quite a few issues I can tell you but it was the decision of the examining body :smack:

To the OP maybe it was a spelling mistake as I've not heard of 'jading' in nail art either :lol:

Ah! Thanks for that. It could explain it perfectly. I've seen some of those GOLA papers and I can imagine it brought up quite a few issues! both in what was being taught and the knowledge of those that set the papers!!! Worrying! Ho hum. What's new!

Ah! Thanks for that. It could explain it perfectly. I've seen some of those GOLA papers and I can imagine it brought up quite a few issues! both in what was being taught and the knowledge of those that set the papers!!! Worrying! Ho hum. What's new!

It did bring up many issues. There were ladies there who were so knowledgable but couldn't get past theses GOLA test and ended up after the third time of failing them doing written tests instead. It was a crazy situation because the tutors couldn't really help them and the wording on some of these questions was so obscure it beggared belief. But as you say Marian, whats new?!!!! :eek:

:hug:

just to go of topic even more! when i did online testing there was just under 100 people on the course and no one passed it first time the average was the 4th time! and only dyslexic people were aloud to do the paper one!

and our tutors told us to write down the question number and the question and the choose of 4 answers so that they could help use after the test! hhahaha so basically they were telling us to cheat! and even still that took everyone 4times plus!

but regarding Jading! ive never herd of it before! maybe try typing "jading nail art" into youtube! as people are always putting nail art demos on there! might help you find it, if it does exsist! :) x

It did bring up many issues. There were ladies there who were so knowledgable but couldn't get past theses GOLA test and ended up after the third time of failing them doing written tests instead. It was a crazy situation because the tutors couldn't really help them and the wording on some of these questions was so obscure it beggared belief. But as you say Marian, whats new?!!!! :eek:

:hug:

This is just what I suspected! GOLA's are set by Awarding Bodies (to be answered online) as an independent check that all the knowledge has been covered correctly. Great idea?

What our nail industry needs to understand is that AB's are still overrun with beauty therapists and even nail people there don't agree on the actual facts! These are the people that set the GOLA's. Some of the questions are just incorrect and some are so ambiguous I don't know who could answer them!

I am not going to go into details of who, why and when but I have had cause to have some 'run ins' with such people! I could tell you many examples that would make your nails curl! One of my favourites and a perfect example of the 'hold' of the beauty therapists who believe they 'know' nails: I was argued with over the fact that fibreglass is a very popular system in the industry and in fact holds about 40% of the business! Maybe it does if you're a beauty therapist and we all know why that is! Also nail art is so popular it is the bread and butter of every nail salon??? Well it is one of the very easy options to teach in FE!

I know who and I know how to improve this situation and have a fierce desire to change things. However I chose my career route some time ago and I'm not going to spoil that and just don't have enough time or energy to do both.

It doesn't stop making me mad and frustrated though!

Latest posts

Back