nail art on tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
Just a quickie for my clever nail art geeky friends!

I'm finding when I'm doing new nail art designs on tips (not on a client), the nail varnish (after a while - normally 3-4 months) tends to chip off. This is really annoying as they are to show my clients what I can do.

I apply a base coat; 1-2 coats of colour; nail art design; top coat.

Do I need to scuff the tip before I apply the base coat?

Many thanks
Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Just a quickie for my clever nail art geeky friends!

I'm finding when I'm doing new nail art designs on tips (not on a client), the nail varnish (after a while - normally 3-4 months) tends to chip off. This is really annoying as they are to show my clients what I can do.

I apply a base coat; 1-2 coats of colour; nail art design; top coat.

Do I need to scuff the tip before I apply the base coat?

Many thanks
Adele
Hi Adele - I only have got nail art from 8 months ago applied onto tips no base coat only colour and a good wet look top coat and non are chipped I use attitudes polish and I never have to scuff the tip - so I dont really know what to suggest... :rolleyes:

Hi Adele,
Do your clients 'handle' the tips?
I still have my arists pallette with all my art on that I did for my nail-art course about 18 months ago ... and they're fine.
Theres all sorts on there, some are base-coated - others not, some are cheap polish - some top of the range.
I have taken it mobile a few times now but, all the tips are kept blue-tacked to the board ... no-one gets to handle the tips individually. So maybe thats why I havent had any probs with chipping... Just a thought ;)

Hiya ladies

I guess they do get handled........hmm, you know those kids....sheesh! Maybe that's what's causing the problems.

Thanks ladies,
Dellie

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hiya ladies

I guess they do get handled........hmm, you know those kids....sheesh! Maybe that's what's causing the problems.

Thanks ladies,
Dellie
My tips are on a board and they do get mauled but maybe not as much as yours ( I dont have many customers yet :o ) maybe you should top up your top coat once a month?..

Have to say i don't really let my clients handle the tips seperately, they are on a palette so they can see them clearly so no need to remove. I only remove odd ones when they want to put them on their own nails to see what they look like. Mine are only about four months old but still look great.:)

hi i have a color pops display the instructions said to put a coat of gel on tip to prolong longevity. After polishing cover with a coat of gel to avoid oxidization.

i have no gel so i just have to use the base coat

hths

You can clear coat them every month, or use a display where they cant touch them.

I like;

COLOUR POPS

GLASS DISPLAY CASES ( THATS WHAT I USE)

MINI PLASTIC DISPLAY BOXES

BOX PICTURE FRAMES

MIRRORS

OLD EARING BOXES

BLUE TAC TO LONG STICKS IN A VASE

Hope that gives you some ideas!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.