Nail Art Pens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NailsNovice

Reaction score
Hi all,
Some advice please :rolleyes: I have never done any nail art, although i have been a nail tech for some years now. I don't fancy airbrushing just yet, but have seen the nail art pens by rio (in argos), do you think this is a good set to start with, or should i get something a bit more professional. Its only to play with on myself for now to see how I get on with it. Im not particularly artistic so will i struggle with it ?

Any comments, suggestions etc would be very helpful.

cheers
Claire

NailsNovice said:
Hi all,
Some advice please :rolleyes: I have never done any nail art, although i have been a nail tech for some years now. I don't fancy airbrushing just yet, but have seen the nail art pens by rio (in argos), do you think this is a good set to start with, or should i get something a bit more professional. Its only to play with on myself for now to see how I get on with it. Im not particularly artistic so will i struggle with it ?

Any comments, suggestions etc would be very helpful.

cheers
Claire

Hiya Claire,
The rio nail art pens are great to start with, you get a video to help you along too. Really with nail art you can use allsorts of things :)

My mum bought me those for christmas and its one of the best pressies I have ever got!!!! Purely because I couldn't live without them now they are exactly the same as the professional nail art pens as I also have some of those and to be honest there is no difference!!!! They are brill go and get some now and get nail arty :lol: !!!!!

Thanks for that, if i get really brave i might even post some of my attempts !!

Claire x

Hi Clair,

Give Nubar Nail Art Pens a try! They are awesome!! They have a striping brush inside as well as a pen tip. The pen contains lacquer, and all their lacquers are formaldehyde, toluene and phthalate free. They have the only lacquers on the market without these three ingredients. Single pens cost $3.50 US and a collection of 8 costs $24.00 US. Best thing, under the label on the bottom of the pen is a pin for clearing your pen tip if it clogs up on you!

I am sure if you call Nubar at 1-800-552-4768 that they can find you a distributor no matter where you are located. :lol:

I love the nail art pens/brushes. They provide hours of fun! :)

i just bought the nail dazzle ones. the commercial is on here a lot in the US.

i'm not sure if they are exactly the same, like instead of a striping brush there is a regular brush. i wouldve preferred the striping brush! the pen works pretty well though, and has a cleaning pin as well

i just did zebra with mine! is a bit hard on the hands though, having to squeeze it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back