Nail Art Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Only just started doing nail art (which I appear to be very good at :)) but I think I have mad a mistake with my price list, which at present is as follows: -

Transfers: .50p per nail and £4.50 for full set
Hand Paint: .75p per nail and £6.00 for full set
Metalic Wrap: .60p per nail and 5.00 full set

The thing is I had my first transfer client the other day and she wanted little white flowers on all her nails, but on some of the nails (about 6) she had 3 transfers on each nail. So her nails were jammed packed of transfers (used a full sheet) and I only charged her £4.50.

Should I be charging per transfer rather than per nail - what does everyone else do?

Absolutely charge per transfer. I would assume that a full set of transfers would be one per nail. Also watch out for the handpainting prices... more complicated art will take you longer and be trickier to do and is worth more! A little heart on each nail is a completely different undertaking when compared to say... a portrait of a loved one.
List your prices as "starting at" or "from". If a client asks you say, this is what you get for the listed price. Then you can start to talk them up to more intricate artwork, that you will charge more for. HTH, lovely.

I find it easier to charge a solid price .. rather than per nail/per gem etc etc

For example I do file, Polish and Nail art which I charge £10.00
Me personally I charge by my time taken. Also It gets a bit fiddley when you lose count of everything you've applied to the nail when charging per transfer and such.

I like the idea of charging per time taken - I think I may consider doing that instead. Good Idea!:)

Latest posts

Back