Nail art pricing & display

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I'm just in the middle of doing my price list (STRESS!) and was wondering how you geeks state your nail art prices and display your nail art?

I was thinking of displaying my nail art in a photo book or on a colour wheel, and with regards to pricing well I havn't gotta clue, do you charge per nail or different prices for each nail art?

I thought I would also add that I will just be using normal nail polishes and not a gel polish.

Please help, many thanks :) x x

I charge between 50p-£1 per nail depending on how complex the design is.
As for displaying the art I brought a box frame from tesco and have all my designs in there x

Hi! I'm a newly qualified nail technician..just got the certificate this morning :) I'm so excited about this new adventure...but have lots of questions. Who do all you nail geeks insure with? I was thinking of ABT, not sure if they're any good though. Also, I have set up a website as I want to be a mobile technician..do you think this is a good way of displaying nail art pics? I also need help with pricing..I have no idea where to start :)

I charge between 50p-£1 per nail depending on how complex the design is.
As for displaying the art I brought a box frame from tesco and have all my designs in there x

ooo i love this idea!!! if i had a salon i'd do this, but i dont and i'm a clumsy person... so proberly not a good idea lol. i just put all my designs on a nail art board i got from the internet, i make sure i use all number 2 clear tips and i stick them on using double sided sticky pads (like little white foamy things) i have to double them up though :)

NTP55 NAIL ART DESIGNS BOARD - WHITE | eBay

or if you just type in nail art board i few different ones come up. i'm changing my pricing in september for nail art as i've started doing Konad too, i'm going to charge 50p for a nail for konad and £1-2 per nail for free hand

I had the same problem as i created my price list a couple of weeks ago,
Depending on the pattern, £0.50-£1.00 i have set mine at as some people like simple,
also rhinestones £0.25p per one
I went through several price lists online of other people and got a rough idea :)
Oh and to display them I would use a colour wheel, i do and it keeps them all together and if you ever want to go mobile it saves space :D
hope this helps x

Tina Hi Hun,
I am using tips on sticks at the moment stood in a glas jar so people can pick them up and put them on their own nails to see what they will look like. £1 a nail or from £10 a set depending on design.xx :D

Tina Hi Hun,
I am using tips on sticks at the moment stood in a glas jar so people can pick them up and put them on their own nails to see what they will look like. £1 a nail or from £10 a set depending on design.xx :D

Ooo thats a good idea hun! thanks :D xx

I haven't even begun to think about considering nail art prices!! It makes me pull this face :irked: just typing about it! lol

I have my Konad stuff and flick brushes and rhinestones and ENDLESS patience for faffy things on nails but no idea how to form a price list - I always end up torn between what I want to charge as a therapist and what I would pay as a client... The two never come close!!

Good luck with it!! And let us know what you decide (so I might have a clue! lol)

where do you buy all of these nail gems and stickers as found a few shops online but want to be able to sign in and get a discount as being qualified? can this be done

thanks all

from
Nail Karma

Hi there, I am in the process of popping all my nail art pictures on a digital photo frame so the clients can see them whilst they wait. Not sure how it will work. I used to have a frame with false nails we had painted but kids kept picking them off and sticking them on their own nails, bless our future clientelle :D, box frame would sort that wee problem tho.

Hi

I use clear plastic finger pop displays, then clients can pick them up to place on their own nails etc,
Plus when I use these for Shellac it's helpful to see the plain colour on the back and rockstar designs or freehand designs etc on the front.
Nail Delights are really reasonable for these and colour wheels, usually arrive next day, plus if memory serves me correctly delivery free for £12 spend hth:)

Hi geeks! Maybe one of you could help me? I have a nail display disc for my shellac colours and it is clear so I need to paint the colours on....do you do this as you would with a normal nail i.e putting it under the uv lamp etc? Thank you in advance if anyone can help! x

Hi geeks! Maybe one of you could help me? I have a nail display disc for my shellac colours and it is clear so I need to paint the colours on....do you do this as you would with a normal nail i.e putting it under the uv lamp etc? Thank you in advance if anyone can help! x

Yes for the pops and wheels paint colour on, cure, 2nd colour coat and then cure, then top coat cure. You do not need base coat on the pops or wheels. Some geeks don't use the shellac top coat either (personally I do) they use a normal varnish top coat such as lumos xx

Great Thank you! :p

oooh another question....any tips on knowing which ones which other than wrting it down on seperate bit of paper!?

oooh another question....any tips on knowing which ones which other than wrting it down on seperate bit of paper!?

I tend to number my colour pops if I can't write down the colour on the stick. I then have a little notebook which I write the colours into. Helped me out a lot when I first started out with shellac but now I know all of the colours off by heart it's just the layered pops I sometimes have to look back at.

Latest posts

Back