Nail art stickers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj191

Reaction score
Help! Bought some lovely little christmas nail art stickers from ebay, will they stick? NO! Really need some help, where to people buy theirs from? I have tried everything to make them stick but wont work! Thanks all!

Which type are they? Can you post a pix or a link to see what they look like? Are you applying it to a semi dry top coat?

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Just some cheapy ones from ebay. I have tried sticking them to gelish then top coating it, didnt work. Tried using glue and that seeped out everywhere. Just will not stick. Where can i get ones that do? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417503975.689631.jpg

You need to remove the sticky layer from the gelish first as they will not stick to the tacky layer they just peel up, then top coat and you may need 2 top coats depending on how thick they are. Have you tried that? x x

Thank you, but yes have tried that too. Really frustrating! Xx

Try bending or folding the sticker? It could be the fact that the sticker is used to being straight and your nail is curved?

I always use water transfers, they're just easier :)

I always use water transfers, they're just easier :)

Yed Jordo is right, these work and are thin enought as to not protruding over the top coat. Have you ever look into stamping? The final work is sooo much neater, and you can make the same designs in many different colors since you use polish. Imho a lot cheaper than sticker.hth

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Where can i pick up some water transfers? I have got the stamps but again, their not the good make ones! I find then fiddley to use with gelish xx

What polish do you use for your stamps Mirely? x

What polish do you use for your stamps Mirely? x

I use any that are high pigmented. You have to try what you have available and see which one work best. Some arw specially made for stamping but I only have white and red everything else it reg. polish for me.

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Where can i pick up some water transfers? I have got the stamps but again, their not the good make ones! I find then fiddley to use with gelish xx
Pretty much anywhere online, ebay do very cheap ones and they are good, just make sure you get a water transfer that slides off the backing paper and not one that rubs onto the nail, they are rubbish. Also make sure you have a special water dish only for transfers as any trace of acetone etc with melt the transfer.

After I've done my gel base and colour and put my transfer on I seal it with two coats of gel topcoat to stop any water getting into it and ruining it.

I use any that are high pigmented. You have to try what you have available and see which one work best. Some arw specially made for stamping but I only have white and red everything else it reg. polish for me.

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl
I've heard a lot of chrome colours work really well, have you found this? :)

I haven't tried many chrome colors but a few metalics. As I said earlier, you have to try and see what works best. Some colors work best against lighter backgroungs and some with a darker backgrounds. What I do, to save time is to stamp the colors and designs onto a clear plastic, (ei., a zip sandwich bag) and then just place a fake nail or my cients nail under the stamped design and see what looks good or what she likes.
Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Thanks girls, very handy :)

I haven't tried many chrome colors but a few metalics. As I said earlier, you have to try and see what works best. Some colors work best against lighter backgroungs and some with a darker backgrounds. What I do, to save time is to stamp the colors and designs onto a clear plastic, (ei., a zip sandwich bag) and then just place a fake nail or my cients nail under the stamped design and see what looks good or what she likes.
Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl
Good idea, thanks :)

Glad to help. Anytime :)

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Nails By Mirely
Miami, Fl

Wow, what a great idea! I've got loads of moyou stamping plates but just tend to play it safe and go with things that I know go well together, but I love that idea, will defiantly give it a try and try out loads of combos :)

Latest posts

Back