Nail art techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Mansfield

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas for a 'how to' column on a nail art technique? Last issue, Gloria Mason did a lovely little piece on sponging - very simple. I'd love to hear from any more of you who might have a suitable idea.

Kelly
ed
Nail mag

Hi

I have a quick and easy marbelling:

Polish nail with chosen colour let dry thoroughly
With a double ended marbelling tool using either waterbased or acrylic paint chose some contracsting colours eg: paint nail pale pink then choose cerise pink, white and purple . Place dots of paint on the nail with your marbling tool in a random patten and then using the small end swirl around together. Let dry and top coat.
Black and white is also very striking.

I do a simple but effective playboy bunny. PM me if you want more info

Ello kelly, nice to see you at the awards night, please excuse me and Nail star, we had to much to drink!

If you want any step by steps, i love doing them, just let me know if i can help. Has foil leafing, paint splatting, fan brush, opal paints or colour shapers been done yet?

Have a good weekend. xx

What about a step sy step of the diffrent uses of those fantastic nailart pens. I started out using the nailart pens which contain a thin striper brush and a thin nib to squeeze out the colour and draw with. I can't be without my trusty nailart pens I love them If I had to go to a desert Island and only take one item it would have to be my nail art pens lol!! :lol: I think there are so many techniques you can create and most of my hand painted work is done with these I have done some knew nails if you would like me to Email any pictures for you to see let me know you can pm me, hope to be of some help!! :)

Hi Chocolate

If you have time, do you think you could post on here a quick step-by-step to marbling (cos i usually end up with a big splodge everywhere!) and also to using the fan brush .... with that i always end up covering the whole nail with the paint....do you use acrylic paint with the fanbrush once you've put your polish base coat on?

Thanks , Kate x

ooooh i will be definitely looking out for these!!

just a question. seems like my acrylic paint doesnt stay well on my nails. as in, chips off rather quickly. of course i am natural nails so maybe thats why??? of course it just may be the paint im using. im using crayola, not the poster paints like other people and i think the consistency is different

anyway, on with the how-tos, please!!

As soon as i learn how to i have loads to post!!!!!!

I have some on the front page of my website but dont know how to put them on here. Will have a go this weekend, promise! xx

Hi i have just learnt how to do some nail art so i am interested in marbeling techniques and also best art pens and where to get them? I am based in essex so any help much appreciatted.

Also as new to all this how do you pm someone??? Probably a really silly question,:confused: :o

Thanks

fluffho said:
ooooh i will be definitely looking out for these!!

just a question. seems like my acrylic paint doesnt stay well on my nails. as in, chips off rather quickly. of course i am natural nails so maybe thats why??? of course it just may be the paint im using. im using crayola, not the poster paints like other people and i think the consistency is different

anyway, on with the how-tos, please!!
you are covering the arylic paint with a good top coat - as if so i dont see how or why the acrylic paint could chip off from under the varnish...i've used crayolas paints no probs but prefer ones from craft/art shops they tend to be easier to apply & give more coverage...hope this helps :biggrin:

talented talons said:
Hi i have just learnt how to do some nail art so i am interested in marbeling techniques

Hi Talented Talons!

I have the watermarbling technique outlines on my site - step-by-steps

Just click here http://kookynails.tripod.com/kooky_nails/id26.html and scroll down the page, there are a few other how-to's on the page aswell

Hope it helps

xxlaylaxx

Hello Layla

Just had a look at your link to nail art techniques your so clever it must have taken you ages to do those drawings on the computer. It was very informative. Any way well done would love to see some pics of your recent nailart too!!!

luv loo XX

Little Angel said:
Hi

I have a quick and easy marbelling:

Polish nail with chosen colour let dry thoroughly
With a double ended marbelling tool using either waterbased or acrylic paint chose some contracsting colours eg: paint nail pale pink then choose cerise pink, white and purple . Place dots of paint on the nail with your marbling tool in a random patten and then using the small end swirl around together. Let dry and top coat.
Black and white is also very striking.
mine never look as effective as examples i see in mags, could i be using to much paint or not enough...wot you think ickle angel

loo said:
Hello Layla

Just had a look at your link to nail art techniques your so clever it must have taken you ages to do those drawings on the computer. It was very informative. Any way well done would love to see some pics of your recent nailart too!!!

luv loo XX

Thanks Meepette!

All my recent pics are floating around on my site lol, there are 3 separate 'gallery' pages, I think the Catwalk Nails is the last page I added to.

I'll try get some done asap, just for you lol! ;)

xxlayxx

Fab Freak said:
mine never look as effective as examples i see in mags, could i be using to much paint or not enough...wot you think ickle angel

Hi

i use a geneous size but not too large or it will take ages to dry, make sure you shake your colours well so they are not watery and dont faff to much or it will all blend to one murky colour

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back