Nail Art tutorial!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailAsylum

Reaction score
Hello!
Hope you all had great holidays!
I'd like to start this year with a nail art VIDEO TUTORIAL!
As I never made a video tutorial before, my sweet boyfriend agreed to help me out with it.
So here is what it looks like:

Skelanimals Nail Art - YouTube

I really do sound strange... I was scared to talk (I am too shy I guess), but with a little practice I will sound more confident in other video tutorials. (I hope lol)

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Your polishing skills need work - not very neat with lots on the skin

I agree that your polishing is not 110% but these are cute nails. Well done :)

How long have you been doing nails? x

I agree that your polishing is not 110% but these are cute nails. Well done :)

How long have you been doing nails? x
Um.. I've been doing it since spring 2012 I think :) and thank you!

Well done on your first go at making a video of your work.
The video itself is excellent and edited perfectly to just show the work without all the faff !

I would say though that if you intend this to be a Tutorial then your work need to be perfect too. Use this video to see where you can perfect your polishing skills, as the camera shows up every flaw.
Keep going and perfecting, and who knows maybe one day you will be a YouTube sensation lol!!

The OP has posted this to show her first attempt at a video! She did not ask for a critique of her work, as then it would be posted to then Critiques section, please bear that in mind when posting, and constructive balanced posts are always the best ;)

Close up camera work is brutal and not many people would be brave enough to do this! You have done a great job considering your the length of time you have been at this. Well done my darling :wink2:

Close up camera work is brutal and not many people would be brave enough to do this! You have done a great job considering your the length of time you have been at this. Well done my darling :wink2:

Totally agree! I find I think I have done a perfect set if nails and then the camera may pick up tiny flaws that seem invisible to the naked eye!

I thought the video was good, it clearly showed the steps involved :) there are lots of videos on YouTube it's worth checking them out for inspiration too. Good luck!

Well done on your first go at making a video of your work.
The video itself is excellent and edited perfectly to just show the work without all the faff !

I would say though that if you intend this to be a Tutorial then your work need to be perfect too. Use this video to see where you can perfect your polishing skills, as the camera shows up every flaw.
Keep going and perfecting, and who knows maybe one day you will be a YouTube sensation lol!!

The OP has posted this to show her first attempt at a video! She did not ask for a critique of her work, as then it would be posted to then Critiques section, please bear that in mind when posting, and constructive balanced posts are always the best ;)
Oh OK. Thank you for your opinion! the critique is important for me, to help me improve everything starting with the polishing and ending with the videos. I'll do my best to improve ;)

Thank you! Yeah, I'm kind of a newbie at this :D

Totally agree! I find I think I have done a perfect set if nails and then the camera may pick up tiny flaws that seem invisible to the naked eye!

I thought the video was good, it clearly showed the steps involved :) there are lots of videos on YouTube it's worth checking them out for inspiration too. Good luck!
Thanks! I tried my best, hope I'll be doing it better after a few tries. :)

Latest posts

Back