Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, like I say I think as far as I know, the only Shellac colour that works or has the right consistency for stamping is Iced Cappuccino and you would just do this the same as using the other polishes, slap it on the disc and scrape, stamp onto nail then cure, then top coat then cure (I think!!) It's great fun! I'm just looking into buying some Nfu.Oh or China Glaze for stamping, love it! :)

When your Shellac bottles are nearly finished, the consistency is thicker. Don't throw them, they really good for Konad stamping.

Sorry if this has already been asked (I searched but the iPhone app doesn't show you all the search options!)

When you use konad on shellac, do you use shellac on the plates? And how long do you cure it for? I was thinking maybe 10-30 seconds then apply, then cure as normal on the nail?

Every layer of Shellac, even for art purposes, must be cured for the full 2 minutes.

Gosh you really are talented. Could I just ask I know it's perfect practise but what nail art brushes do you use. I have found it hard to find good quality firm but soft bristles. Thank you x

Thank you.

I use nail art brushes from Sweet Squared, page 31 in the latest catalogue. All you need in one kit.

Me too would love to know this. All my bristles 'fan out' and can never get good clean lines when striving or etching out or whatever because if this. Going to olympia on Sunday so would love to invest in some good ones to then hopefully do lovely work like yours and everyone else's in this thread :) xx

The trick with thin lines is to keep your brush clean and rolled to a fine point at all times. Thin lines are created with nearly touching the surface of the nail and with a very light touch. Only the very tip of the brush should touch the surface of the nail.

X

When your Shellac bottles are nearly finished, the consistency is thicker. Don't throw them, they really good for Konad stamping.

Ooo fab tip, thank you! :)

I've used Cream Puff for stamping, it didnt come out bright white but gave a lovely sheer white - I used it because I wanted to have a transparent lacy look over Blackpool, you can see it in my profile album if you're interested.

I would say that stamping with Shellac gives a lovely see-through look and can be very eye catching but its definately not a bold look.

Karaxxx

OH MY GOD!!! what fab designs all of you! wish i could do this! i must get into shellac! i havent yet as i am scared that i wont get enough clients to get my money back, but WOW you can do so much with it! well done all of you xx

These designs are amazing! Defiantly going to have a play around with some designs tomorrow! Xxx

What a thread I started!! Ha ha Happy Nail Arting 😊

I've used Cream Puff for stamping, it didnt come out bright white but gave a lovely sheer white - I used it because I wanted to have a transparent lacy look over Blackpool, you can see it in my profile album if you're interested.

I would say that stamping with Shellac gives a lovely see-through look and can be very eye catching but its definately not a bold look.

Karaxxx

I got my stamps, had a play with them and know exactly what you mean. I was going to try curing the shellac design on the stamp, but there's really no need as polish does the job perfectly.

And, luckily enough, the stamps work with my normal polishes (Sinful and CND).

This Nail Art has inspired me. I stopped doing it about 18 months ago, cos my hands weren't steady enough (due to just coming out of hospital), but I think I might just have a go again.
Thank you all for getting me back to something that I'd forgotten I loved. xx :hug:

Hi all. Im a bit confused, is it best to remove the sticky layer on the 2nd colour coat before nail art or not?

Awh silver witch I totally sympathize with you. I have been in and out of hospital this year and my new meds give me tremors! Not very good when I am starting a nail art salon fro home! But My shellac trainer showed me a good way to support one hand with the one and it helps. If it gets any worse though I might need to visit the doc as Iknow they can prescribe meds for tremors.

Ooh, like this thread, ready to get some shellac art up soon.

Sarah xxx

Marking for later :) x

More arty shellac nails)

5ad6a2fa-bff4-1152.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c01a-9bc0.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c032-2671.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c047-3ea9.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c0ac-e744.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c0cd-3dcc.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c078-d1ec.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c08c-95c6.jpg

Nail designer with a twist;)