Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamour Puss7

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
This might sound a silly question :o, I am very used to doing nail art but havent done any on Shellac yet, so do you apply the nail art on the Shellac then put the Shellac top coat and cure as normal or on top of the cured top coat and add another Shellac top coat over the nail art and cure again?? Thanks :)

I always apply my nail art after the colour coat, then seal with the shellac top coat. You can either go over the sticky layer, or remove before doing your art.

I have done nail art using the shellac colours and curing the shellac nail art for 2 mins ( i do the art straight over the sticky layer) but im going to stop doing it this way because its taking extra minutes ontop of the treatment time. Im going to use normal nail art paints and my glitter Nubar stripers has they dry so fast. By the time i have finished my art it will be dry to top coat. hth xx

Thanks for your reply :) x

Hi Lolly!
Thanks for your reply :wink2: x

i used some nail art stickers with my shellac. after i did my top coat i stuck it on then did another layer of the top coat over the top to seal it in.
it worked really well. im sure you could stick it on the colour layer then do the top coat.

here is a picture

http://www.salongeek.com/members/lo...8-shellac-tropix-frangipani-nail-stickers.jpg

Yes you can. :) I have done this before too. Also i stick on gems over the colour coat using a normal topcoat to adhear it down, then apply shellac topcoat. It takes too much time and money having to do 2 shellac topcoats when not really needed.

I like to stick to strictly 4 coats of shellac in total. Because in my past expeience using anymore than 4 coats chips quicker and my clients has easily peeled off the rest within a week. xx

I love Shellac for this purpose. It's very easy to use and looks fantastic. I use Shellac for painting designs over Brisa Enhancements. Just need more bold colours.

Nail designer with a twist;)

If you remove the sticky layer after the top coat could you not just paint using regular striping pens etc? then let dry then shellac top coat?
hmmm Im gonna have to give that a go me thinks!

Last edited:
If you remove the sticky layer after the top coat could you not just paint using regular striping pens etc? then let dry then shellac top coat?
hmmm Im gonna have to give that a go me thinks!

Yes you can!

I love Shellac for this purpose. It's very easy to use and looks fantastic. I use Shellac for painting designs over Brisa Enhancements. Just need more bold colours.

Lol you and I are just waiting on that black Shellac lol :)

I love adding bits to shellac ! It's fab for it, the top coat really enhances any glitter/ bling to,

I find a bit of acrylic paint works well, glitter , gems , soft foil (gold over Fedora mmmm) bindi's , stickers ,
One thing I hadn't tried is 3d I tried it yesterday ( on me ) and I have to say it's well and truly attached !

Shellac really dose impress me! My Natral nails have never been so grate and you can have best of both worlds with art to !

50bb6651-8c9d-eba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

wow ! fab 3d girl!

This one is red baroness and wildfire over Brisa overlay.

5e000ee8-b8b0-4df8.jpg

Another version.

5e000ee8-b8d6-2269.jpg

This one is Brisa overlay with some Shellac

5e000ee8-b916-2338.jpg

And Brisa Black overlay with Red Baroness French and Cream Puff dots.

5e000ee8-b963-28b1.jpg

Your art work is very impressive Nataliya, great job!

Your art work is very impressive Nataliya, great job!

Thank you I am glad you like it)

More arty shellac nails)

5ad6a2fa-bff4-1152.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c01a-9bc0.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c032-2671.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c047-3ea9.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c0ac-e744.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c0cd-3dcc.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c078-d1ec.jpg

5ad6a2fa-c08c-95c6.jpg

Oh my god Natalia, your art work is great, I wish I could do this sort of stuf.
I can manage flicks, and all the stuff with stickers etc but I'd love to be able to do your kind of thing. But the whole paint on a curved surface, defeats me:cry:
I love your work hun:hug:

Oh my god Natalia, your art work is great, I wish I could do this sort of stuf.
I can manage flicks, and all the stuff with stickers etc but I'd love to be able to do your kind of thing. But the whole paint on a curved surface, defeats me:cry:
I love your work hun:hug:

Thanks Hun;) it's not that hard) give it a bash) x

Two more I have done today. Both over Brisa overlays.

5ad6a2fa-3a2b-1384.jpg

Shellac Gotcha, Cream Puff, Iced cappuccino, Rock Royalty, Masquerade and Black pool.

5ad6a2fa-3a8d-35ff.jpg

Shellac red baroness, rock royalty, strawberry smoothie, cream puff, black pool and mixture of glitter in top coat.

5ad6a2fa-d9dd-d201.jpg

Hollywood, cream puff and black pool shellac;)

Latest posts

Back