Nail art workshop/parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LNB2304

Reaction score
Hi I have recently finished my home salon (it’s a cabin in the garden) and I am getting prepared to reopen after having a baby. I have an 8 year old who loves practicing nail art on pops. It has made me think about offering nail art workshops for children in the school holidays as just a bit of fun. Does anyone offer this? I’m thinking it would just be using normal polish on tips and I would show the children how to do some basic designs and maybe use a bit of glitter. At the end they can receive a certificate of attendance as in my experience children tend to love these things and thinking possibly from age 8 in classes of 6 for 2 hour sessions.

Has anyone else done this and if so how did you do it?

What does anyone think?

I only work part time evenings as normally have my children in the day so it wouldn’t affect any clients I have.

Really would appreciate any feedback on my idea [emoji4]

The first thing to do would be to discuss it with your insurers. It might be viewed as training and I bet there's also a ton of H&S regs to consider.

The first thing to do would be to discuss it with your insurers. It might be viewed as training and I bet there's also a ton of H&S regs to consider.

Thanks for your reply. I have looked into the H&S and I just need a DBS form. I will check with insurer but as the kids would just be painting pops I don’t think it would be too much of a problem. People get insured for pamper parties where the children are having treatments so I think it would be ok.

That’s cool, you just need to be sure that things like glitter are cosmetic grade, and that none of the polishes look good enough to eat!

Latest posts

Back