Nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saberhagen

Reaction score
I am very new to nails and I have a question re; nail art (hope it hasn't been asked before and if it has please point me in the direction of the correct thread.

I have been reading the thread about the cath kidston nails and I would like to know what you use and why? I am wondering if it is easier/ more effective to use gel polish or to use acrylic paint. Does one method last longer than another? Is it just personal preference?

Does using acrylic paint interfere with the top coat adhesion in any way? I know it is used for stroke work and by robin Moses in her you tube videos, so I'm thinking possibly not.

Look forward to reading your replies

I use both Mediums for nail art (when I do any) but these days mostly Shellac. Love Shellac as it stays 'Open' and workable until you have cured it.

If you use acrylic paint it does not interfere with top coat adhesion as the top coat is also acrylic based.

Agree with Geeg. I use both but mainly shellac now as it doesn't budge until they come back two weeks later for a new shellac appointment.
It doesn't dry whilst I'm working so I have plenty of time to play around and if I make a mistake or don't like what I'm doing I can wipe it off and my shellac base coat is unscathed.

Latest posts

Back