Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amymulroy

Reaction score
How do all you talented ladies apply additives, foils and loose glitter? Also where is the best place to buy these?
I'm using belisama gel & Gellish!

Some video for you foil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

For glitter and additives, I always apply them to the 2nd coat of colour after its been under the lamp, the tackiness of the inhibition layer is enough for products to stick to it without disturbing the actual colour underneath, I know a therapist at my work chooses to apply glitter to the second colour coat before it goes under the lamp. As for foils I haven't tried them yet, but I'm hoping to soon!

I love the lacente glitters, super smooth and sparkly. I bought a pack of cheap glitters off of Amazon to try and I must say that some are really good quality but a few are too rough so even with 2 coats of top coat, you can still feel the grittiness of it, which isn't the best.

HTC x

I'm not sure how it would work applying glitter to the Uncured colour coat, as you couldn't burnish it in to keep it smooth, and surely the glitter would inhibit the cure?

All the CND educators I have seen demoing nail art have advised applying the glitter to the sticky top film of the cured second coat, apply with a dry brush then burnish into the nail with a soft dry brush. Then apply a coat of clearly pink, cure then topcoat. You could go straight to topcoat but run the risk of some glitter ending up on your brush and the final surface not being as smooth as normal.
Kirsty a CND EA informed us at The Centre Open Day that 2 coats of topcoat isn't advised as it lengthens removal time.

I use Magpie glitters, they are georgeous and come in beautiful colours. You can see the colour range on you tube, I burnish them into the second colour coat after curing, then clear coat over the glitter, then top coat. I do the same with additives, I use CND, but don't use these as often as glitter. I have a few foils but don't get asked for them very often. x

Latest posts

Back