Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireDix86

polishedpinkys
Reaction score
Hi ladies.. Just wanting some advice regarding nail art. I solely use Ibd just gel polish but seem to be having a problem getting the top coat to seal if I use embellishments. For some reason it just seems to peel off over the embellishment (see attached pic) I used brush on nail glue to attach the embellishment. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice? Should I buff the embellishment first so that the gel adheres to it? Thanks girls x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 42
Hi ladies.. Just wanting some advice regarding nail art. I solely use Ibd just gel polish but seem to be having a problem getting the top coat to seal if I use embellishments. For some reason it just seems to peel off over the embellishment (see attached pic) I used brush on nail glue to attach the embellishment. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice? Should I buff the embellishment first so that the gel adheres to it? Thanks girls x

I usually top coat and stick the embellishment into the top coat cure then top coat over the top of it and never had a problem, only other option would be to use nail adhesive to stick onto the nail x

I use these and find the gold coloured coating wears off very quickly as they're raised and getting scuffed. Could it be that that's causing the top coat to peel off?

That may be the problem then as it hasn't lifted anywhere else.. Thanks for your advice and help ladies x

I suggest applying your top coat cure then apply stud with plenty of glue, hard gel or acrylic then apply top coat only on the top of stud to seal, help shine and help gold stay on longer.

Latest posts

Back