Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salina Williams-Funnell

Reaction score
Hi all! Hoping someone could kindly give some tips here. Im doing a set of nails for a bride to be next week and she wants 'I do' written on her ring finger in black.Seemed pretty simple to me but now Iv tried witing it with nail art brushes and gel polish, brushes and acrylic paint, nail art striping paint, black fine tip permanent marker and even eye liner!!! None seem to give a nice smooth finish or dont dry properly so just get smudged when top coating. Using gel polish underneath and it seems really quite tricky to write with anything on top of the cured top coat as its so smooth and shiny. Any suggestions would be much appreciated [emoji4]

Hi all! Hoping someone could kindly give some tips here. Im doing a set of nails for a bride to be next week and she wants 'I do' written on her ring finger in black.Seemed pretty simple to me but now Iv tried witing it with nail art brushes and gel polish, brushes and acrylic paint, nail art striping paint, black fine tip permanent marker and even eye liner!!! None seem to give a nice smooth finish or dont dry properly so just get smudged when top coating. Using gel polish underneath and it seems really quite tricky to write with anything on top of the cured top coat as its so smooth and shiny. Any suggestions would be much appreciated [emoji4]

How about stamping?

MoYou have some “I do” stamps to choose from:

https://moyou.co.uk/collections/bridal-collection

Alternatively, you may be able to find a bridal decal.

Oh yes!! I didnt think of stamping [emoji849] thankyou so much for repying [emoji4]

Buff the shine off the surface you want to write on, that will make life much easier. Then, if you don't get a smooth finish on the top coat, gently buff that flat too and then pop another top coat over it.

Latest posts

Back