Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khad

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a mobile therapist and I would like to start doing some nail art designs. I’m wondering what is the best/easy way to learn some designs? Also how do you remember all the patterns you do? Is it a good idea to have the nail art designs on a wheel ?

Hi,

I am a mobile therapist and I would like to start doing some nail art designs. I’m wondering what is the best/easy way to learn some designs? Also how do you remember all the patterns you do? Is it a good idea to have the nail art designs on a wheel ?

The easiest form of nail art is stamping to be honest, and so simple once you get the hang of it. Loads of different options and oodles of designs.

Freehand nail art is not as easy, but there are usually courses available, as well as lots of online tutorials.

Yeah definitely put them on swatch sticks/wheel. I can't stamp to save my life lol so I do it all freehand. Youtube is your best friend! Animal print, polka dots, abstract, stripes and foils are quick enough to do in an extra 15 mins xx

Ditto to YouTube for nail art tutorials, Instagram too. There are quite a few techs running nail art pay for view accounts. Handy for learning the tricks of accomplished freehand nail artists. TGB are also doing some too. Stamping is also a good shout, it's fairly inexpensive, born pretty are my favourite stamping polishes, you can pick up a set on eBay for £25 and the plates are fairly cheap too.

Ditto to YouTube for nail art tutorials, Instagram too. There are quite a few techs running nail art pay for view accounts. Handy for learning the tricks of accomplished freehand nail artists. TGB are also doing some too. Stamping is also a good shout, it's fairly inexpensive, born pretty are my favourite stamping polishes, you can pick up a set on eBay for £25 and the plates are fairly cheap too.
Thank you so much! I have some born pretty stamping plates. Does it work best with normal polish or gel?

Thank you so much! I have some born pretty stamping plates. Does it work best with normal polish or gel?

Highly pigmented dedicated stamping polish or regular polish works best.

Hey! Normal polish or stamping nail polish works best, gel tends to bead and not transfer. Moyra does some stamping gel, I haven't got to try it yet as the ultra black is always out of stock

Check out INK London on YouTube they’ve got some great nail art videos and a giveaway running at the moment

Latest posts

Back