Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie3384

Reaction score
I'm practising my free hand nail art. I'm fine with stamping and foils, and these are the things I use most. But I do want to build confidence with free hand a little bit - especially as this will be my first Christmas as a nail tech and I think if people are anything like me, they may want some nail art doing.

What are the 'must practise' recommendations? What are you asked for the most? I can do simple flowers using dotting, and I had a go at some rather questionable animal print today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I can master a couple of things, then rather than feeling worried about what a client might ask me to do, I can show them a choice of what I can do instead.

Thank you!

Line work is needed so get a fine long liner brush and good quality gel paints. I also use a French manicure brush as a clean up brush.
Check on YouTube for hand painted nail art. What you’ll get asked for really depends upon your clientele.
I’d reconsider Christmas nail art. You’ll be very busy so want to do designs that are quick with no faffing about. Hand painting takes time and you’ll need to take this into consideration when pricing it. Clients don’t always realise this when asking so go for stuff that’s simple but effective.

Thank you! I have all the lecenté brushes, so I'll have a practise with my lines!

Latest posts

Back