Nail Artists - uniform or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got any pics of their t shirts they wouldn't mind sharing I really like the idea of them and just want to have a nosy! Xxx

I'm a mobile nail tech and it's black trousers with black tshirt for me, with my logo on in pink. Shoes dependant on the weather and if it's freezing a little cardigan. I feel more comfortable going to a client wearing it, and yes it gets covered in dust etc, so I'm glad I don't wear my normal clothes!

Definitely check the above facebook link out, I get my tops from her too and if you scroll though the photo's you'll get some ideas.

I normally wear leggings and a ling sleeve top and pumps, sometimes I wear my tunic from college but I'm thinking of getting a few ling sleeved t shirts with logos or some softer tunics, I get so sweaty doing nail art in my college tunic. I think the hoody's are way too casual, you expect therapists to be neat and well presented, hoody's don't give that impression to me.

i replied earlier in this thread that i wear a uniform but didnt say what! I do have tunics that i wear when i have new clients but i also have black ponte dresses that i wear, they are all high neck and to the knee but very smart and comfortable. I think as long as you look smart and presentable and your work area is clean then you will give a good first impression xx

I have a few tunics that I purchased for when I go mobile. I was thinking of getting some black shirts with my logo. After reading this thread I think that I am definitely going to go with the black shirts and my logo.

I hate tunics with a passion, they are uncomfortable, unflattering and I can't find any that aren't made of cheap material that makes me too hot.

I look smart for work, and wear an apron with my company name on, when I've decided on my new logo I will definitely get one printed from the lady mentioned above, hers look great!

Haha since I last posted on this thread I still haven't got round to ditching my tunics! Lol. I have bought 2 new ones since so now I have 8 but only work 4 days a week! :rolleyes:

I'm one in the minority and don't wear a uniform.

I work on and off throughout the day whether it be mobile or from home and I like to feel comfortable when I'm sat watching tele, cooking etc and there's no way I'd be in and out of a tunic all day.

My work is convenient for me, if I got a last minute call whilst I'm on a day out I'll quite happily go do a quick tan for example - if I forgot my tunic, would a client be happy that I'm not going to make it as I don't have my uniform? No, I don't think so and I'd be disappointed to have possibly lost a client/missed out on money for something that doesn't effect the end result anyway.

Maybe for those people who have set working hours it works different but for me, I dress smart and it's not something that bothers my clients.

This topic was brought up once before on here and it made me question my professionalism so I asked a number of clients all of which said it made no difference to them so long as they got the treatment they wished for done properly.

My work revolves around my life, not the other way around and I'm now nipping up to pick the kids up from school - I wouldn't really fancy having to get changed for what would've been the 3rd time today! :)

My shops decor is pink, black and white. So as long as my staff are dressed nice in one of those colours no named brand logos showing I'm happy! I have a pink or black apron with our shop logo on which we wear over the top and also a top with the logo on the back. We are known for our nail art so I like us to look create and funky. I also have blinged out converse trainers in my shops colours and every one always comments oboe cool we all look.

Ive always been taught that in the beauty industry, image is everything! So From the first day I started my tanning salon, I had a polo shirt with my business name embroided on it. I always thought it looked more professional even if it was just a simple polo with black trousers. I have to wear a tunic at College and at first I hated it, but have fallen in love with them and I am looking at ordering one for my home salon now. I have always tried to stick with 'no boobs, no belly, and no bum crack'.. And the tunics hide all 3 so easily ;) ... But I don't think it matters if its a tunic, polo or tee, just as long as its professional - and your hair and makeup is neat and tidy :)

I'm mobile and salon based, however when I go to see a client at home I always wear my tunic as I think as they don't see anything else other than myself and my equipment I think this is important part of making me look professional.
BUT when I work in the hair salon it's all about fashion and so I don't ever wear it, it would feel weird. As Everyone is so trendy.

I'm one in the minority and don't wear a uniform.

I work on and off throughout the day whether it be mobile or from home and I like to feel comfortable when I'm sat watching tele, cooking etc and there's no way I'd be in and out of a tunic all day.

My work is convenient for me, if I got a last minute call whilst I'm on a day out I'll quite happily go do a quick tan for example - if I forgot my tunic, would a client be happy that I'm not going to make it as I don't have my uniform? No, I don't think so and I'd be disappointed to have possibly lost a client/missed out on money for something that doesn't effect the end result anyway.

Maybe for those people who have set working hours it works different but for me, I dress smart and it's not something that bothers my clients.

This topic was brought up once before on here and it made me question my professionalism so I asked a number of clients all of which said it made no difference to them so long as they got the treatment they wished for done properly.

My work revolves around my life, not the other way around and I'm now nipping up to pick the kids up from school - I wouldn't really fancy having to get changed for what would've been the 3rd time today! :)

I agree! I always look professional but rarely in my tunic. No one has ever stopped coming to me because of this!!

Personal opinion I think tunics, embroided uniforms are a must!!! If I went to a salon and my nail tech sat there in jeans & a top I would think she either couldn't be bothered, or isn't. I even wear my beauty tunic at my home salon when I do my own nails or my mums xxx

I'm mobile and based in a salon on weekends and I always wear a uniform. I wear a black tunic with some black leggings, I don't wear posh trousers or anything. It's all really comfortable and I think the tunics look really smart and professional. Another good point is that you can take the uniform off at the end of work and you really feel like you can relax properly in your normal clothes again. Just my opinion :) x

I wear a apron with my logo on.its really practical as it has pockets and looks really professional.X

since i last posted on this thread i have stopped wearing my tunics! as a previous geek said i was forever changing during the day as didnt want to sit around in my tunic when i didnt have clients and was seeing to my family. also a few people have commented that salons and unfirms make then feel a little intimidating which got me thinking.

so now i am wearing black dresses with a few of my beauty badges on, i feel smart and as if i have a uniform on and clients feeel more comfortable xx

Since starting this thread I have also stopped wearing my tunic. I am now based in my studio which I opened at the beginning of March, so decided to change my uniform when I made the transition from mobile.

I now where black trousers & a top, and have a lanyard with my business name printed on and business cards in the plastic wallet. The cards are double sided with just the logo on one side so I have that side showing in the plastic wallet. I've also pinned my CND Master Artist and Minx badges to my lanyard.

This suits me much better now, it's more comfortable, but I still feel professional, and I'm also constantly advertising as my lanyard is always on walking to and from work, if I pop into town on my break etc.

Since starting this thread I have also stopped wearing my tunic. I am now based in my studio which I opened at the beginning of March, so decided to change my uniform when I made the transition from mobile.

I now where black trousers & a top, and have a lanyard with my business name printed on and business cards in the plastic wallet. The cards are double sided with just the logo on one side so I have that side showing in the plastic wallet. I've also pinned my CND Master Artist and Minx badges to my lanyard.

This suits me much better now, it's more comfortable, but I still feel professional, and I'm also constantly advertising as my lanyard is always on walking to and from work, if I pop into town on my break etc.

thats a cool idea jojos nails xx

thats a cool idea jojos nails xx

Thanks :) I got my lanyard from eBay. Wasn't very expensive and does the job perfectly x

Latest posts

Back