Nail Bar in Tesco's?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol - don't you just love it when the geeky sarcasm kicks in!! :green::green:

I'm sorry but, "I had my nails done at Tescos" just doesn't sit well with me. Next thing you know, they will have in house dentists and you'll be able to get your car serviced there.

I dont think its a good idea, The tesco where I live are just having an extension built on so I wonder if they will also have a nail bar! Hope not!! lol xxx

I dont see what the problem is if they do a good job. No one would have an issue with people doing their food shopping in one bit of Harrods or some other top line store and then going to another section to get their nails done. Or would they? Maybe its ok if its posh enough? I found a promotion in some local press site somewhere that Sally Hansen were opening a nail bar in a Tesco superstore. First 100 people would get a free nail treatment of some kind, I think it was a strengthener. Maybe its just a manicure type service.

I'm sorry if I'm coming accross as a bit snippy but given that no one actually seems to know what services will be on offer or how its being worked why all the sarcasm? I have no idea if their staff will be qualified but you'd hope so. Just as you kind of hope its not a Geek who'd working there. Bet she'll be really happy to show her face now.

I dont see what the problem is if they do a good job. No one would have an issue with people doing their food shopping in one bit of Harrods or some other top line store and then going to another section to get their nails done. Or would they? Maybe its ok if its posh enough? I found a promotion in some local press site somewhere that Sally Hansen were opening a nail bar in a Tesco superstore. First 100 people would get a free nail treatment of some kind, I think it was a strengthener. Maybe its just a manicure type service.

I'm sorry if I'm coming accross as a bit snippy but given that no one actually seems to know what services will be on offer or how its being worked why all the sarcasm? I have no idea if their staff will be qualified but you'd hope so. Just as you kind of hope its not a Geek who'd working there. Bet she'll be really happy to show her face now.
We are just sharing our thoughts about it, that is all. If the nail bar takes off and does well then fair and good to them. If a Geek wishes to work there then I really do hope it works out well for him/her. Hopefully then the geek would come back and share how well its going.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a nailbar in Tescos being a great success. If NSS salons were reputable, professional and did a good job, then us geeks wouldn't have a problem with that either. Comments on this thread are based on speculation. We are curious. Tescos happens to be my favorite supermarket but I can't imagine a nail bar in there. Perhaps in time.

I don't think there is any comparison with Tescos and Harrods TBH. Harrods is not for the everyday man on the street. Harrods is extra special and it's an experience all on its own. Tescos has a way to go to being anything like Harrods.

i suppose its no different than, having a hair salon in asda, an opticians in tesco, or a pharmacy in morrisons.
we dont know yet what services they have in this tesco salon, but hey if they offer a good service, good standards and are regulated and above board...which they probably will then hey...dont see the problem really.
tesco's is a huge retail giant and if they are gonna do it, they are gonna do it.
i cant see every tesco's having these just the hypermarket/superstore ones.
And yes when i was a young mum of 3 with no pennies i had my hair cut in asda (a regis salon it was) and they did a good job too. and i have also had my eyes tested in the opticians (good service) and my prescriptions from tesco pharmacy (no substandard medication there) :wink2:

Good Point !

Was thinking if it was in M&S to loads of people would go then.

Its definetly going to be run by sally hansen nails so guess it will just be manicures.

We are just sharing our thoughts about it, that is all. If the nail bar takes off and does well then fair and good to them. If a Geek wishes to work there then I really do hope it works out well for him/her. Hopefully then the geek would come back and share how well its going.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a nailbar in Tescos being a great success. If NSS salons were reputable, professional and did a good job, then us geeks wouldn't have a problem with that either. Comments on this thread are based on speculation. We are curious. Tescos happens to be my favorite supermarket but I can't imagine a nail bar in there. Perhaps in time.

I don't think there is any comparison with Tescos and Harrods TBH. Harrods is not for the everyday man on the street. Harrods is extra special and it's an experience all on its own. Tescos has a way to go to being anything like Harrods.

Thanks for the resoned reply hun, I felt a bit bad after I posted although more because I was snippy than what I said. I know Tesco's isn't like Harrods, thats my point. No one flinches at a posh shop doing it but an everyday store does it and it reads like it was a joke in peoples minds.

Its been along day, roll on the end of half term, 5 kids back at school and the return of sanity and my sense of humour :hug:

Nothing would surprise me with Tescos just another continuation of their quest for total world domination.What pie havent they got their fingers in.:eek:
They have nailbars in supermarkets in america so it was only a matter of time.

i couldn't have put it better myself

i suppose its no different than, having a hair salon in asda, an opticians in tesco, or a pharmacy in morrisons.
we dont know yet what services they have in this tesco salon, but hey if they offer a good service, good standards and are regulated and above board...which they probably will then hey...dont see the problem really.
tesco's is a huge retail giant and if they are gonna do it, they are gonna do it.
i cant see every tesco's having these just the hypermarket/superstore ones.
And yes when i was a young mum of 3 with no pennies i had my hair cut in asda (a regis salon it was) and they did a good job too. and i have also had my eyes tested in the opticians (good service) and my prescriptions from tesco pharmacy (no substandard medication there) :wink2:
You have a point there about the opticians and granted, most major supermarkets have pharmacies. However, pharmacies have existed in these stores for years so it seems the norm.

Personally I have never seen a hair dresser in a supermarket. Was the hairdressers actually an ASDA hairsalon? We have a pretty huge ASDA/Wallmart not far from us and they have other little sub shops in there but I'm not sure they are actually linked to ASDA itself. I think they just rent space in the building.

Perhaps Sally Hansen are just renting space?

My nearby Sainsburys also shares space with a Travel Agent, Dry Cleaners and a Phone card shop, but again they just rent space.

Actually, when I think about it, we used to have a hairdressers in my local Asda.
I was thinking more along the lines of local markets tbh.
You know, getting your nails done in between the meat counter and the card stall?:eek:

Thanks for the resoned reply hun, I felt a bit bad after I posted although more because I was snippy than what I said. I know Tesco's isn't like Harrods, thats my point. No one flinches at a posh shop doing it but an everyday store does it and it reads like it was a joke in peoples minds.

Its been along day, roll on the end of half term, 5 kids back at school and the return of sanity and my sense of humour :hug:

No probs :hug: honestly. My point about harrods is that it is a department store and not a supermarket.

Like Judy I have visions of getting my nails done between the broccoli and the cauliflower or the underwear and the Cigarette kiosk :green:, lol.

I think it's a great idea. Look at it as a positive..............a lot of techs are finding that there isn't any work around at the moment, so this might be a good opportunity to get a job. xxx

I couldn't have put it better myself! I think it's nice that peeps can have thier nails done at tesco's, i can't see the problem. Live and let live, forgive me if I am speaking out of turn but maybe some people don't like the idea of tesco's doing nails as they feel a bit threatened by it.

I couldn't have put it better myself! I think it's nice that peeps can have thier nails done at tesco's, i can't see the problem. Live and let live, forgive me if I am speaking out of turn but maybe some people don't like the idea of tesco's doing nails as they feel a bit threatened by it.
I for one, don't feel threatened by it. I just don't want to stare at a cabbage whilst having them done :lol:.

ummmm doin the friday big shop at tesco's or ummmm getting my nails done at tesco?? will this ever be taken seriously???
I just wonder if i apply for a job do i get to wear the regulation tartan blouse and the matching bomber jacket ensamble???:irked:

Just makes a mockery of all the hard work time and money , not to mention advertising to build up my business i have spent on valuable training with reputable companies

what next TESCO VALUE nails??????

ummmm doin the friday big shop at tesco's or ummmm getting my nails done at tesco?? will this ever be taken seriously???
I just wonder if i apply for a job do i get to wear the regulation tartan blouse and the matching bomber jacket ensamble???:irked:

Just makes a mockery of all the hard work time and money , not to mention advertising to build up my business i have spent on valuable training with reputable companies

Why so?

It could be one of us applying for that job :eek:

And by that I mean someone qualified and experienced who needs the job

Some of the comments on this thread are extremely bigoted

IMHO, anyone threatened by the opening of a Tesco nail bar does not have a strong business

Why does it make a mockery of anything you have worked to build up? Its Sally Hansen, its not like Creative or EzFlow or the like suddenly set up shop in a Tesco foyer offering half price nails is it? Tesco sell the Sally Hansen range and maybe they sell loads of it and see a way there of enlarging their market. Maybe the people who work there will be well qualified too.

I cant seem to find any more about it other than that one bit of local press. I'll find the link again :)

Editing to add the link HERE

Well I was just wondering about Tesco Value Nail Polish, lol for 99p. The little niggling feeling I have in the back of my mind is this: Tesco have plans for a MAJOR store in the centre of St. Albans. The residents don't want it and neither do they think it is necessary. I have not read of one positive comment to these plans in our local paper.

Small businesses in the area will be under threat from this supermarket giant who seem to be taking over because of the monetary power. Is this fair? No I don't think so! I used to think it was okay as I thought fair and good to them. But they are not interested in what the local residents and workers of St. Albans think. They have the power and they will soldier on irrespective of peoples thoughts or views.

Well I was just wondering about Tesco Value Nail Polish, lol for 99p. The little niggling feeling I have in the back of my mind is this: Tesco have plans for a MAJOR store in the centre of St. Albans. The residents don't want it and neither do they think it is necessary. I have not read of one positive comment to these plans in our local paper.

Small businesses in the area will be under threat from this supermarket giant who seem to be taking over because of the monetary power. Is this fair? No I don't think so! I used to think it was okay as I thought fair and good to them. But they are not interested in what the local residents and workers of St. Albans think. They have the power and they will soldier on irrespective of peoples thoughts or views.

We have this going on in Reading too.
We could all boycott Tesco :lol:

Latest posts

Back