Nail bed/plate damage caused by eczema query?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been doing Acrylic nails on one of my clients for a year now and on 2 occasions the nail plate has split revealing the nail bed directly from the eponychium. Usually I will place fiberglass over the split and then overly with the acrylic which reduces the discomfort for her. The split then grows out and after a while starts again.

This has happened regularly since she was in her teens and had quite aggressive eczema on her fingers. The eczema is not currently affecting her fingers and is under control but she believes this splitting is damage caused by the bout of eczema she suffered -which I agree with.

She has just text me to say this has happened again, I have only recently done her last infill and it was growing out. Now ideally I would recommend solar oil but this lady has a particularly bad nut allergy - so that's out. I believe overlays will protect her nails and reduce the discomfort she feels while it grows out again but is there anything I'm missing that I can suggest to her? I'm going to recommend the regular use of an oil without almond oil as soon as I can find one, but does anyone know if there is anything else I should be doing or suggesting to her?

Many thanks and sorry for the long winded post :)

Dadi oil is amazing, I have a nut allergy so oils were used to be either no go or rubbish until I found this beauty!

R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

NSI nuture oil is good and one I keep in stock if someone has a nut allergy

NURTURE OIL

Scientifically enhanced blend of 5 emollients (jojoba, soy, safflower, wheat germ, and grape seed oils) and vitamins C & E

Might be ok... You can buy from capital or nsi direct

Latest posts

Back