Nail Biter video tutorial added ~Akzentz gel & glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Silvestro

Reaction score
I just posted a new video on my site

Nail Biter Tutorial

I pinched the first thin layer of Trilite a little bit to help create a c-curve. I used Diamond Dust (any white translucent glitter will do) glitter mixed with Natural Coverage cool to extend the nail bed, this helps to make the pink a little more opaque for better coverage, it also stiffens up the gel a little bit so it creates a nice smile line easily when using the reverse method.

These nails I did on my daughter, who went back to biting a while ago:(. Hopefully she'll keep up with them and quit biting them and picking at her cuticles!

love them love al your nailwork :) Do you only work with gel ?Love to see you do a combo of schulping acrylic free edge with gel overlay greetings DANIELLA

Great video, I really enjoyed watching that, lovely nails - thanks:)

Lovely video, fab nails, I love them!!

Sue x

Great video...:hug:

Thanks Gina. Great video.

A question regards mixing the clear glitter in with the cool coverage gel - does the glitter not show up? It is hard to tell in the picture. I too am getting annoyed with myself in not being able to get complete coverage with the coverage gels so am willing to try your different ideas, but does it still look completely natural?

Would also be great to see a video tutorial of a sculpt using the Aurora gels to see how you treat this soakable gel for sculpting any different than the buff off gels.

Thanks again.

great questions theresa.x
can i ask what glitter you used gina and what colours you used as they look gorgeous.
i too am having real trouble getting the coverage i want with the akzentz coverage gels so im very interested in these ideas and any advice you can give me.x
great video the nails looked lovely.thanks for sharing.xx

Thanks Gina. Great video.

A question regards mixing the clear glitter in with the cool coverage gel - does the glitter not show up? It is hard to tell in the picture. I too am getting annoyed with myself in not being able to get complete coverage with the coverage gels so am willing to try your different ideas, but does it still look completely natural?

Would also be great to see a video tutorial of a sculpt using the Aurora gels to see how you treat this soakable gel for sculpting any different than the buff off gels.

Thanks again.

For these nails I used an utra fine glitter so it is not as noticable. I also used glitter for the nails I am currently wearing, but I used a larger size glitter so it is more noticable.

gina+silvestro-albums-edge+nails-picture9656-dsc01152.jpg

A suggestion, if you would like more coverage, try adding a dab of white gel art and Pink Blush to you coverage gel for better coverage.

Here is a pic of a nail I scultped with Aurora gold. I also layered it with Trilite for more strength due to the length of the nail.

DSC00417.jpg

Daniella, I have been using gel exclusively for the past 5 years. I have just begun to dabble in using acrylic for designs and overlaying it in gel.

DSC00216.jpg

These nails I used acrylic for the free edge with gel over it. I find the gel also bonds to the natural nail much better. And my clients like the feel of the gel rather than L&P acrylic, they say it doesn't feel "tight".
DSC01061.jpg

The gel makes the designs pop right out, because of the clarity. I used CND acrylic for 14 years before venturing into gels.

Thanks for the extra info Gina.

So, do you sculpt with the aurora gel in the same way as with the other sculpting gels? With the great example you have shown us what other gels did you use for the nail bed etc?

You mentioned about getting better bond with gels (which I find too) do you use a base of gel then L&P for design work? Or do you just finish the look off with the gel?

Any more great videos in the pipe line? :wink2:

x x x

Latest posts

Back