Nail Biter with 2-4mms of nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaB

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Would like to know if it is even worth attemping this friend of mine who has THE shortest nails I've EVER seen!

She really has only 2-4mm of nail bed on each finger but she is willing to be my model and I cant help thinking that if I can do her nails then I will never fear anyones elses LOL!

I understand the principles behind saddling etc and custom blend but what I would love to know is how can I get the tip on there in the first place? Also a bit apprehensive about gunk that could build up in between appointments behind the tip.

Could you offer any advice?

Have you thought of sculpting my love?

xxxx

Not sure how I would sculpt to be honest. There is no lip at all to put the form underneath.

I would like some advice on this one to please:eek:

VanessaB said:
Not sure how I would sculpt to be honest. There is no lip at all to put the form underneath.

I've read some great stuff on this very topic and tried a lot of it on my daughter - the nail biter from hell and I can say that sculpting has always delivered the best looking and enduring result.

But you have to proceed quite slowly and almost work at the pace that nature would in respect of her nail growth rate.

I find storting with what is effectively an overlay rather than a full sculpted tip and let everyone get used to having a bit more nail to work with.

I think if you read the great threads and realize Rome was not built in a day and everyone is patient you will all be chuffed when in about a month she has more nail to play with; hopefully her biting habit is reduced and she has got in the habit of applying solar oil so often that you are working with the best sstarting point you can have.

Time and technique coupled with being realistic is the key.

Have a go - you will feel invincible this time next month.

Oh - one last thing: For the first couple of service the time between rebalance and maintenance work is very short. Eventually this also levels out.

xx

Hi honey,

I had a nail biter client who only had 3mm of nail on her fingers, not to mention the 2mm overgrown cuticle on top of her little nails. I told her in the beginning that I can only work with what I've got and she said that anything would look better than what she has now. I also told her that it would take some time for them to look the way her friends do as she has little to no nail bed. She agreed and was very patient.

I sculpted her nails for her and attempted extending her nail beds with a darker pink powder as I wasn't expecting nails that needed custom blending. They came out beautiful. I kept the whites very thin and natural looking so that they didn't make her nail beds look short (as they were already) and we were both pleasantly surprised.

She only broke a couple with the first set and only one other after her first rebalance, since then her nail beds have grown on their own and she doesn't get broken ones anymore. Her nails look fab today!!! You'd never say she was a nail biter!

Just do your best my love!!! :hug:

im no expert in l&p as i have just started. if the nails are really short and nothing to put a form under put some acrylic on top of the nail first and bring up to the free edge so you are sort of making a ledge to fit the form under then extend the nail.Now a question for me when extending do you make your pinks longer first then put your whites on or whites first then pink .

Latest posts

Back