nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a nail biter coming in tomorrow. I have put nails on her before ( she is a friend) and she bites them all off! I used to do her for practice when I was in school but I'm not in school anymore had my license since August. I have tiped her, sculpted her too and nothing seems to work. She makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong but I know it is her she just won't keep her fingers out of her mouth. What is the best application for nail biters. Thanks Lynn

You might also want to look into why she bites her nails. Is it that she just can't keep her nails out of her mouth, does she bite them just when she is more nervous, or is it something about the nails that makes her bite them? I am mentioning this because I have a client who bites her enhancements off as soon as she starts seeing a little growth because it bothers her. Since i discovered this i have her coming in for weekly mini fills just to mask the growth and this has solved the problem.

Hiya

I'm sorry but if she is making you think it is something you are doing, why does she keep coming back!!

Do you charge her? If not you should be, even if it is just enough to cover your costs. Nail biters are renowned for being one of, if not the most difficult to apply and keep nails on! Creative teach a specific technique in applying on bitten nails - maybe if you use the search facility on the left to look up Bitten Nails you might find Samuel Sweets technique. It does work but can be difficult to explain, hence the reason why I'm not even going to try :?

Once you have applied your tip and overlay, I would then make an appointment for your friend to come back in 7 days, and keep her to weekly appointments at least for the following 4 weeks, and if need be, longer.

Please, don't let her knock your confidence by letting her think it is your fault............do you physically get her arm and stuff her fingers in her mouth..........err, no, I don't think so :D Remember, you are carrying out an advanced technique on a tricky customer.

Adele

Hi Lynn,

You could try persuading her to use Solar Oil several times a day - it will help to heal her nails and skin and it tastes horrible so it may stop her putting them in her mouth.

You could also explain to her that the more she picks or bites them off, the more damage she is doing to the miniscule nail she has. This will eventually mean that the Retention (if that is what you use) will not have enough keratin to bond to so the nails will have even less chance than none to stay on.

Good luck

More or less on the same thread, I had a lady who would insist on picking at anything she could - edges, regrowth, etc. I make sure I charge her £2 extra for every nail I have to replace and have told her that when she picks them off, she takes off the top layer of her nail, therefore if she picks off any more she will not have a good 'canvas' to work on and she won't be able to have nail enhancements anymore. It worked. They all stay on now. (Obviously my tone was not quite so hard as it sounds here!)

Hope this helps. :D

(Obviously my tone was not quite so hard as it sounds here!)

Crikey, thank god for that........coz you frightened the pants of me :shock:

Adele

Crikey, thank god for that........coz you frightened the pants of me

Ha! I thought that too when I read it back! :D I just took on a concerned 'motherly' tone and it worked a treat! She's the one I asked about a couple of months ago and geeg and Mrs Geek told me that they were not just coming off they were being picked off. So I told her all the top people in Creative were concerned and they wanted the nails that had 'fallen off' back to the lab for investigation. :D She has been a diamond ever since. ;)

"So I told her all the top people in Creative were concerned and they wanted the nails that had 'fallen off' back to the lab for investigation. She has been a diamond ever since. "

I LOVE that little trick! Made me chuckle so I must remember that one if Im ever in that situation!

Thanks! :D

So I told her all the top people in Creative were concerned and they wanted the nails that had 'fallen off' back to the lab for investigation. :D She has been a diamond ever since. ;)

Bloody Brilliant :salute: :thumbsup:

Right!! CONFESSION TIME!!

I am now and have always been a nail biter and an enhancement picker!! Yes me ... It is the reason I first ever had my nails done almost 20 years ago.

Now I wasn't so bad as to pick off a full set every couple of weeks, but ... if I didn't rebalance regularly, I would find and edge somewhere and 'go for it'. Because the product is harder than the natural nail, all you need to do is give it a push to 'find' something to pick at.

Since I have been wearing the Fabric# system, I have never picked at my nails ... amazing, but because there is no edge at all, I have nothing to pick at. So I have left them alone. It really woks for me.

Well Geeg,
I have a client - 'Naughty Nicki' when she makes me laugh ... 'Nicki Nightmare' if I havent seen her for over a week!
She was a biter, 6 months on she is now a picker :(
Weekly appoints. seem to do the trick - sometimes I just change her 'French nail art' but, if for some reason I havent seen her, like the recent hols ... OMG what a mess!
She now has fantastic length on one of her thumbs and is so proud of it but, this didnt stop the damage she inflicted on it!
Next time I end up having to do a full set, and I know that wont be 'that' far away ... I think Ill give Fabric a go 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back