Nail Biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya,
Could do with some advise :confused: I am doing a clients nails on thrusday, she is a nail biter who wants pink and white l&P on.
Has i dont sculpt i will have to use tips. My question are;
1] Is it best to use clear or white tips
2] Should the tips be pre blended
3] Will they stay on :eek:
I am nervous about this client, But dont want her to see this.
Help Please

First I would give her cuticle a nice tidy up...Mini manicure a waterless one, as you are doing the tip and overlay right after this..........
Then a fab prep.........Choose a tip that fits her natural c-curve........
Then size tip...pre-blend.........reduce the contact area to at least half of that of her natural nail bed ....you might have to saddle the tip, so it will fit snugg to the nail plate........blend in whats left to blend......and overlay......
The strength of the nail is not in the tip but in the overlay, so yes they will be strong......the tip is just used for length, like scaffolding............

There where some post on this......canibal nails or something springs to mind..........Do a search you will find loads I am sure, unless I have had to much Voddy and Orange lol

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
Could do with some advise :confused: I am doing a clients nails on thrusday, she is a nail biter who wants pink and white l&P on.
Has i dont sculpt i will have to use tips. My question are;
1] Is it best to use clear or white tips
2] Should the tips be pre blended
3] Will they stay on :eek:
I am nervous about this client, But dont want her to see this.
Help Please

Hi Lesley
I did my 'Makeover Magic' course with Creative last year, and used a 'nail biter' as my model (if you send me your email address, I can send you a before and aftr pic of them!).

In my opion, you're best to use Formation tips on a nail biter, and yes, pre-tailor the tips (NOT white tips though, it would look really out of proportion on such a short nail plate).

I used Gelbond (a little on the toip of the well, and a little on the edge of the 'free edge' (ahem...!!).

I used soft white powder on the tips which look softer and really nice and natural, I didn't follow the 'natural' smile line, I did it just a little closer to the free edge (about 1mm) giving the illusion of a slihtly longer nail plate.

I don't use it myself, but I hear CND's Flawless pink is good to use on nails biters as you can't see through it.

My nait biters nails were real short, and after a week, had almost grown off, so I asked her to come back to me after a week for a complimentary 'check up'. Because of the intial 'high maintenace' period, I maintained her nails for a discount price, gradually increasing it as she went longer inbetween rebalances. She now comes to me once every 3 weeks and is over joyed that her natural nails are so long (with overlays on the top of course)!!!

She has nail art, tries all my different coloured/glitter powders and is really in love with her new nails.

Just keep your nail biters enhancements short to start off with, use formation tips if you have them with gelbond. A top tip is: oversize the tip you need, and pre-tailor it down...the C-curve must fit just right and sit nice and comforable on the natural nail.

Oooh, and make extra sure there are no bits left for her to pick at....nail biters love to get their fingers in their mouty if they can!!!

Hope this helps, and I apologise if I've written anything glaringly obvious!!!

p.s. I tried the 'gel pens' today for some nail art...top tip you gave me there Lesley!

Thanks

Jenny - Nails
Notts/Derbyshire :)

Hi Jenny please could you send me before and after photos of your nailbiter and also the method you used. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back