Nail biters - before & after. Share & inspire!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Dear Nail Geeks & all nail biters

I was thinking that some of us (certainly me ;) ) might be missing a thread where we would share our nail biters achievements, exchange the knowledge and tricks we have for nail biters!

We all know how challenging biter's nails are and I thought that here would be a good place for us to show before&after treatment results and also comment on how we could improve our techniques, how to achieve better look with acrylics, shellac, gel- every and any product we use.

I'm new to nail enhancements and I had recently a customer who was probably the most challenging nail biter I may ever meet :) Not only that- she was rushing me through the treatment, texting, taking calls etc.... I struggled with focusing, felt under pressure and.... i wasn't happy with the result at all! Actually I felt disappointed with myself :(

Anyway- here is my before&after! please feel free to comment. I am embarrassed by these nails as I think they are tragic! But in my defence I had very little to work with :/ My main mistake- built on forms not tips!

I hope this tread will grow, help & inspire us!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR PHOTOS!

Ps. If there is a thread like this already- oops! I goofed it :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370720690.690037.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370720690.690037.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 3,795

Attachments

• Jenna Before & After.jpg
    Jenna Before & After.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 2,610
My mums ! She has bed biting since she can remember.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370728089.487217.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370728089.487217.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 5,338
Thanks guys :) I wasn't 100% happy with the coverage from the opaque pink you could still see the where the nail stopped slight through them. I've used NSI Acrylic in purely pink masque and radiant white. They were tipped and i then used the reverse method :)

Ok so this is not quite what the thread was about but I really wanted to share. I'd bitten my nails my whole life and it was getting to the point I couldn't keep extensions on for more than a week :/ so I 'cheated' a little and had hypnotherapy which was amazing. And with that and a bit of will power I'm reformed :) the photo is of my own natural nails before and after but I wanted to say how much they've been helped using OPI nail envy and of course lots of solar oil :) I'm now able to use OPI Gelcolor on them and with my first use of brisa lite this week I couldn't be happier to have my own nails

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370739330.039229.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370739330.039229.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,697
I'm still so new in my nail tech course, but I did these on my nail deprived friend the other day. I'm sure they look crap :o but none the less she adored them.

Attachments

• first nails.jpg
    first nails.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,692
Thank you for sharing! Keep the pictures coming :) x

7a7apytu.jpg
y5urenu2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I had a mother and daughter nail biting duo. Mum had been a life long biter but the daughter had only picked it up in the past few years. They've been having their nails done every 2 weeks with Shellac since just before Xmas. Neither has bitten although the daughter has picked a few times. I started a thread called has nail biting caused this which has a lot of pics on it of their progress but here are a few pics.
umamuzyb.jpg

eda3y6u6.jpg

First 2 are daughter at first appointment and a recent appointment. Next ones are the mum.
8ujejebu.jpg
y4a3e4a2.jpg
a3utabad.jpg

I'm pleased to say her thumbs have near enough completely grown out now, just a few nobbly bits at the free edge and down the sides but she no longer hides them. Shes not been following after care as much as I'd like so we still need to push those cuticles back more but I think once we do her nails will look fab.

Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Bio sculpture
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

L&P :)

Cover pink with Black French sculpted onto natural tips.

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370778154.846960.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370778154.846960.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,066

Latest posts

Back