Nail Biting again sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to go on about nail biters but i have done a search promise! and read Ruth's tutorial. Ive got a client booked in for Friday who is a severe nail biter, she is a friend and its her birthday so kinda agreed to do them for her, ive read Ruth's tutorial which has been great as she has bulborous fingers, however she doesnt want natural and wants the white free edge, obviously being a nail biter there wont be much nail bed and i know that they can sometimes look worse with white free edge's, but im sure i saw a post on here before of how to overcome it and create the white free edge without making them look stumpy lol! I normally use white tips when i use the Extreme Powder Glaze and am worrying that they will look weird please help me x x

HI Kelly
when doing the white free edge you have to place it where it should be naturally......meaning don't put the smile line at the end of her bitten nail but where it would be naturally if she had a decent nail bed.
hth

hiya, i would never use white tips on a biter, they look strange. I would use natural tips, then a pinky cover all type of powder (sorry i only do gel) then create a white tip thats more natural looking. ...best of luck xxx

NailStyle said:
hiya, i would never use white tips on a biter, they look strange. I would use natural tips, then a pinky cover all type of powder (sorry i only do gel) then create a white tip thats more natural looking. ...best of luck xxx

HI ya hun
I'm all confused now.......do you mean never use white stick on tips (no i would never use these on a biter) or do you mean never using white l&p/gel to create the smile line?

Hi

do you only have the dip system kelly? or do you have some other L+P or gel? What i would do is place my white were it belongs on the end then blend some flawless to suit her and use that to disguise the gap (true free edge) then blend down to zone 3. If you only have the dip system you could still do it using the white dip powder and the nail forms but you will have to mix a blend of your dip powder so it will disguise the real free edge and 'poof' it onto the nail, rather than dip so you dont mess up your tub.

Did that make any sense?? I hope i havnt confused you! :eek:

Hi ya, i also do the gel system using NSI. I am worried they just wont last at all. I love using Extreme Powder Glaze and have a nail biter that has natural enhancements and i used the Extreme Powder Glaze with her and she had only one breakage and now their doing fine so was hoping to use the Extreme Powder Glaze on friday. I can use the white dip powder although i need some more practice with it as not very good but im still worrying that they will look strange as there isnt much nail bed at all, so im guessing the white free edge will be very low down? x

Im sure i saw somewhere about applying natural tips first and then applying white tips am i going mad or i did see this?:o would this be an option for a nail biter? x x

Hi

Kelly have you got any POW?? There is nothing stopping you combining your gel and your backscratchers systems.

Apply tip and blend, apply white and cure lightly buff then use your dip system over

Little Angel said:
Hi

Kelly have you got any POW?? There is nothing stopping you combining your gel and your backscratchers systems.

Apply tip and blend, apply white and cure lightly buff then use your dip system over

Hi Tracy, sorry if i appear thick here but what is POW? I didnt realise i could combine the two products, the link youve given me to see it unfortunately it wont work? x

Hi kelly

Have you got msn? it should work hmm i will check it out. POW = paint on white you can get these that air dry and also cure in a lamp. Its a thin gel you apply it like nail polish or with a dotting tool.

http://groups.msn.com/login_info.ms...com/BeautyPro/_join.msnw?&commname=Beauty Pro

you have to join or have an msn passport i think. It's worth it as there are some very good tutorials on there.

ps: i dont think your thick lol far from it! :hug:

I have got the white colour gel from NSI that i would normally use with my gel system? x

Hi

Yep that will do nicely Kelly.

Thanks for the tutorial link, had a good look. So i would apply natural tip, then apply white gel and then dip into the pink powder? or apply pink powder, apply white gel and then pink powder again?

Sorry if im being a pain! x

hi

lol no problem i would apply your white and cure remove dispersion layer then buff lightly, then apply your resin up to the smile line then dip then proceed as usual.

Latest posts

Back