Nail Biting Problem!!! HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barby

Reaction score
Here is the thing: i have been biting my nails ever since i was 7...i have tried everything, but i just start biting almost involuntarily. i need to know how to stop biting my nails so if you know, please HELP! sometimes i dont even realize im biting my nails....its a sad thing, really...

have you ever had enhancements on and if so did you bite them too.

try to stick to just 2 nails...and leave the others alone...say your two pinkies....then as you see the others growing nicely it might help you to stop all together....ohhh and just keeping reminding yourself off all the nasty little germs under those nails that you are nibbling on...ughhhh

its a habit at the end of the day and its going to be hard to break...but thats what habits are for..breaking. You can do it.

i wear gel nails every once in a while and i dont really know if i bite them i dont think so...but i will try what you said..thank you!

they say its more hygienic to lick the inside of your toilet bowl than bite your nails....yuk hee hee:eek:

If you don't always realise you are doing it put the brightest nail polish that you can find on your nails, then every time you put your hand to your mouth you will notice the bright colour and it will remind you to stop biting them hth

i wear gel nails every once in a while and i dont really know if i bite them i dont think so...but i will try what you said..thank you!

i have found that with some nail biters they don't tend to bite there enhancements ...
1 cos they have paid for them...
2 cos they don't get the same satisfaction and
3 cos they are all nice and even...(nail biters tend to have this thing about rough/odd/messy bits...they keep going till its all smooth....if there is a bit thats longer or uneven then its that they chew on till its gone.

[they say its more hygienic to lick the inside of your toilet bowl than bite your nails....yuk hee hee:eek:/QUOTE]

i know all the facts but for how long ive bitten my nails, its more of a subconsious (if that is how u spell it) thing now

that is true i do have this thing about the ends of my nails if they are not smooth and even i start to bite till there is nothing left...i have tried carrying a nail file with me but i am forgetful so it doesnt always work

i agree with angie-bagpuss
enhansments are a deterant. keep them smooth and neat, have weekly infills untill the free edge has grown then wrap your own nails :) we all love a challenge

thank u all so much!!! u really have helped me and i will try all your suggestions!!

i have done that...i got gel nails and my nails grew out very very long and when i took off the gel nails the nails were very weak and they broke off right away

shame your in florida hun or would offer to do you a set of my "super nail biters specials" ha ha :lol:

Orly has a product called " No Bite' ...you paint on like polish.....supposed to taste really bad......helped my hubby......he likes to bite down till he gets flesh.......:eek:....he puts it on and it last for days......you might want to try that as well.

Enhancements are the solution... I have many reformed nail bitters.. none of them touch their nails... some have gone on to have long natural nails that they never bite again (its about breaking the habbit) others just love how pretty their hands are and stare at them constantly but never bite them again.

Latest posts

Back