Nail brands while training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails and beauty by Rhi

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just started my lvl 2 beauty course, and my aim is to become a nail tech.

I am going to Olympia and wanted to know what brands people use? More importantly, what brands I could use now while I'm training as I have people willing to be a guinea pig for me, but no tools (so to speak!). Gel is definitely important, along with acrylic.

Thank you,

Rhi x

Hi oh I am jealous I have a workshop instead of Olympia!

Best advice I can offer is to try them out! Olympia is a good place to start.

I use CJP for all my acrylic work and Ink London for my gel polish/uv gels.

Most brands have try me kits, although most brands you cannot buy until you have qualified. This isn't the case with CJP as you can purchase online without sending proof.

Facebook selling groups (nail tech specific) will have systems for sale from people who want to offload, free up space and get rid of their unwanted products.

Thank you for your reply!

At least at the show I can talk to them face to face and gain advice!

Rhi x

Hi! Does your Level 2 Beauty Therapy course include nail enhancements? I thought it only covered manicure and pedicure and possibly gel polish application as an add on?

You probably won't want to hear this, but I'd honestly wait until you are well into your nail enhancement training before you invest in too many products or attempt nail enhancements on anyone other than models on your course. Presumably you'll have a kit on your course and your college/educator should provide anything else to start with. There is a lot of very important A&P to learn and understand and the correct methods of application before you start applying hard gel, L&P (acrylic) gel polish etc to willing guinea pigs. You could damage their nails or cause an allergic reaction and you wouldn't be covered by insurance if you aren't qualified.

All that said, its great that you are already researching and it's still definitely worth going to Olympia and having a good look to get some ideas.
Also, if you haven't already, take advantage of the search facility on here as you'll get lots of ideas and tips about brands for when your ready - and join Facebook groups too. - When I was looking to introduce. A new brand I searched on here first for recommendations, then narrowed it down and joined their Facebook groups, followed them for a while and then made my choice (I actually went for 2 new brands in the end as they each offered different things!)

I would also strongly recommend reading all the posts about nail uv/LED lamps and allergies so you are well informed from the start. Colleges and educators can be a little vague in this area!

There are many excellent brands out there and it can be very daunting to choose. Personaly I would stick to the professional brands and buy directly from them or their authorised distributors. Choose a brand who provide excellent support, customer service and training. X

enailcouture is an amazing brand to train with and to use professionally, the products are amazing and easy to use, and affordable.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's Mani, pedi and gel as add on. I didn't worked my post right I ment brands like opi ect for normal polish for me to buy/look I to right now! Thank you for the information .

I will take a look at enail couture!

Rhi x

If it's just gel polish and tools you're looking for at Olympia, go and have a look at Cuccio (stand C76) and INK London (stand G50). They are professional brands that are very reasonably priced (Cuccio actually have a huge discount on their gel polish - Veneer - until the end of the year!) x

Oooo thank you! Xx

Latest posts

Back