nail burning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muggle

Reaction score
hi all i am new to this site so sorry if this has been discussed

i have been doing nails for about 3 years now mainly acrylic. i used nsi and sometimes creative. every now and then i get someone who says that the nail is burning after application, but jus recently it is happening on every client! someone said that it couold be cos the nails are sensative or i am applying the acylic to think, but it has never happened this much before, and i mean every client within the last week! what am i doing wrong??:cry:

Hiya

Your application maybe a little wet
or your client may have damage to her naturalnail...making it more sensative to L&P or Gel

a little trick i found that works, is putting solar oil straight on the nail enhancement(this will calm down the burning)

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

hi all i am new to this site so sorry if this has been discussed

i have been doing nails for about 3 years now mainly acrylic. i used nsi and sometimes creative. every now and then i get someone who says that the nail is burning after application, but jus recently it is happening on every client! someone said that it couold be cos the nails are sensative or i am applying the acylic to think, but it has never happened this much before, and i mean every client within the last week! what am i doing wrong??:cry:
I think that maybe the natural nail plates have become really thin and what your clients are experiencing is the heat of the chemical reaction......I don't think that working too wet or too thick (unless you're proper trowelling it on!) would cause this on all your clients unless their nail plates were all thin.

Do your clients pick their nails off, so that they are taking layers of nail plate with the product? This would make their nail plates thinner and more sensitive?

Are you preparing for your rebalances by filing down old product only and not over filing the natural nail....I know that I have done this in the past but it does really contribute to over thinning of the nail plate.

HTH

Is it just the nail plate that is burning or all around the nail? Are you using primer?

i do use primer. its all the nail and when you touch it its red hot.

have you over thinned the nail plates?
are you working too wet?
are you using big beads?
is your working area very warm?

More inclined here to think the nail plates have been over thinned (too agressive with the abrasives) there is also a reaction that happens with some monomers, one of my clients gets this buring as well.. she now takes an antihistamine before getting her nails done.. seems that untill they are fully cured (about 24-48 hours) she will experience the burning if she doesnt take an antihistamine

I think it could be from working too wet. Are you compensating for warmer weather by woking wetter?

Hi i`ve experienced this an its usually when the client either bites their nails or has pulled an enhancement off making the nail thinner :hug:

Frankly, if you are having every cient complaining of excessive heat with a liquid and powder system there is something seriously wrong!

It is ususual for any client, even with a thinned nail plate, to feel excessive heat with a liquid and powder overlay.

Heat is only generated when the polymerisation process is too fast (an acid bases primer can cause stinging on skin but I hope your clients nail plate aren't so thin that the primer is getting to the nail bed!)

Do you use the same brush for all the products you use (i.e. NSI and CND)? Do you clean your brush in brush cleaner or something else? Either of these scenarios could speed up polymerisation to the extent that heat is felt through a thin nail plate.

Another question: why do you use different system brands? My recommendation would be to stick with one; upgrade training with them regularly. Or, change brands and do the same.

If you have been using incompatible monomer/powders on your clients lately this could be the problem..leading to the fast polymerisation that Marian mentioned.

[
Heat is only generated when the polymerisation process is too fast (an acid bases primer can cause stinging on skin but I hope your clients nail plate aren't so thin that the primer is getting to the nail bed!)

Do you use the same brush for all the products you use (i.e. NSI and CND)? Do you clean your brush in brush cleaner or something else? Either of these scenarios could speed up polymerisation to the extent that heat is felt through a thin nail plate.

Another question: why do you use different system brands? My recommendation would be to stick with one; upgrade training with them regularly. Or, change brands and do the same.[/quote]

I wouldn`t put enhancements on to a client who`s nail plate was too thin for a start.
I use 2 brushes one each for nsi and cnd they are kept in their own little place so they don`t get mixed up.
I use different brands because both my clients and I like them, I also do not cross match powders. Yet this burning has happened to one of my clientson two occasions.

OK. just tring to help with some suggestions. you did say in your first post that, just lately it is happening with every client. Just one client (in your last post) is a different situation

im sorry that your in abit of a dilemma.:sad: my first guess would have been that the nail plate was maybe very thin to the extent that the client was feeling the the heat of the chemicals reacting but as you still dont really have an answer my suggestion would be to try and phone the company i.e nsi or cnd and see if they can help you.i hope you manage to find the cause.:)
just a quick question,is it happening with both brands of product or just one?

thanks for your advice, i mainly use nsi, but i work at another salon and they supply creative, thats the only time i use creative, but i prefer to use nsi. i only get the burning with nsi, but like i said its only just been recently happening, i was wondering if maybe i have some contamination or something like that??
thanks again

im not sure to be honest,ive never heard of a burning sensation caused by contamination all though i wouldnt say it was impossible.i use nsi and im sure if you rang them up they would be happy to help in what ever way they can.it might also help put your mind at rest plus its a free phone number which is 0500 131 009,so its got to be worth a try.good luck

Latest posts

Back