Nail chairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
Does anyone know which chairs/stools are best for nail tech's? I'm suffering with my back at the moment so need one that I can hold my posture right on ha!
If anyone has one that they'd recommend I'd be very greatful.
Thank you xxxx

I can't give you any advice on the chair, however what do you do when you are not working?

It is really important to maintain your back, pilates and yoga are really good for core stability and strength. If it is really bad I would suggest a chiropractor, a lot of people who are desk based find it good to go periodically to keep the spine in alignment, although it can be quite expensive, it is worth it.

I have a 'typist's chair' purchased from an office furniture supplier.
It has a wide seat and extra support in the seat and back.
Been using it for years now!
It is still on wheels to move easily at my table and is height adjustable.

I have been looking at an office chair with back support and also height adjustable. Seems like the way to go.

Getting the right chair will be helpful but you must also look at your posture when doing nails

next time you are working see if you are hunching your shoulders up and I bet that you are lol

So stop what you are doing ,relax your shoulders and drop them down and back . We have a tendency even though we are maybe not conscious of it to 'hunch ' . Its natural but continually reminding yourself during the service to drop, and back will help. Also I have found a lumber roll very useful as helps keep your back straight .

When I first started my back used to kill but by doing what I said i no longer have that problem

Good Luck
x

Thanks Ladies! Yeah I'm going to have to watch how I'm sitting,I've always had a bad posture though [emoji31]

LOL.....I thought so too, mine is just a static one (not on wheels) but even so I am more balanced (Im a bit top heavy) and feel more sturdy from waist up, not to mention I'm not slouching by the time I've done my third client - so it has improved my posture too. Negative side is my legs sometimes need a good stretch.....

LOL.....I thought so too, mine is just a static one (not on wheels) but even so I am more balanced (Im a bit top heavy) and feel more sturdy from waist up, not to mention I'm not slouching by the time I've done my third client - so it has improved my posture too. Negative side is my legs sometimes need a good stretch.....
I'll show the salon owner tomorrow! How much are they xxx

The prices vary and depends on where you get it, I got mine off ebay for £68 but had delivery charges too. I would advise getting a height adjustable one too. Good Luck:D

Latest posts

Back