nail comps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi anyone will to answer this question - how do you go about entering a comp - it is my wish to enter next year and was told that you need to do at least 100 sets on your chosen model - please comfirm - and also how do you start off by entering - i know this sounds stupid but ive never entered and havent a clue where to start - tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

OPI-nails said:
hi anyone will to answer this question - how do you go about entering a comp - it is my wish to enter next year and was told that you need to do at least 100 sets on your chosen model - please comfirm - and also how do you start off by entering - i know this sounds stupid but ive never entered and havent a clue where to start - tips and advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi ya Hun,
Well no you dont need to do 100 sets on your chosen model............
But you have to be able to do a fab set of nails...........
A newbie tech, fresh out of training, usualy will have to do 100 sets before they become completely confident in their skill,but this is just a rough figure, some take more some take a lot less..........
Well the start of entering is filling out the form and posting it lol........
Then there is loads of comp training as a comp set of nails is so different from a salon set..........
The key is practice till you cant practice no more, train till you can train no more and then you still find that you could do better and train just that little bit more........................

If you want send me your email and I will send you a copy of a score sheet so you can see what the nails are being judged on ........
Then you can take it from there............
But also if you need any help pm me and I will help you all I can........

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya Hun,
Well no you dont need to do 100 sets on your chosen model............
But you have to be able to do a fab set of nails...........
A newbie tech, fresh out of training, usualy will have to do 100 sets before they become completely confident in their skill,but this is just a rough figure, some take more some take a lot less..........
Well the start of entering is filling out the form and posting it lol........
Then there is loads of comp training as a comp set of nails is so different from a salon set..........
The key is practice till you cant practice no more, train till you can train no more and then you still find that you could do better and train just that little bit more........................

If you want send me your email and I will send you a copy of a score sheet so you can see what the nails are being judged on ........
Then you can take it from there............
But also if you need any help pm me and I will help you all I can........
hiya

that thing about the 100 sets - i saw that in a nail mag (denise wright i think) - i just wanna enter a comp - and win - i think ive got what it takes. i would be most grateful if you could sent me a comp score sheet just so i know what to look for - and all the relevant details on what i have to look for and what i need to do to win - i would hate to enter a comp and not win - i really believe that i could win and NEED some coucing on the wheres and why fors - but havent a clue where to start. i dont even know what the criteria is - your help would be grateful

i will enter and i will win (in my dreams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back