Nail condition: advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush lea <3

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across nails similar or with the same condition as my friends nails in the pictures below???? She has suffered with this since child hood, as you can see nail plate on some fingers is very partial and she is also prone to splitting down the nail plate &#128532; she longs for beautiful nails that will grow that she can paint. Any help/advice/tips on treatment wud be greatly appreciated, thanks xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394981247.922962.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394981257.214679.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394981266.804176.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394981275.973733.jpg

It looks to me like psoriasis ( in which case there's nothing much that can be done , unfortunately) but I would suggest that she goes to her doctor for a proper diagnosis. In fact I'm surprised that she hasn't seeked medical advice.

It looks to me like psoriasis ( in which case there's nothing much that can be done , unfortunately) but I would suggest that she goes to her doctor for a proper diagnosis. In fact I'm surprised that she hasn't seeked medical advice.

Thanks Hun. She has been to the docs in the past (she's in her late 40's now) but they have never really given her an explanation as to what or why it is happening??? I feel for her as she's sasoooo embarrassed by them and longs for lovely long nails. Am I able to offer a nail service (I work with gels) with it possibly being psoriasis?? X

Do you have IBX? I am trailing IBX on a clients partner who has psoriasis. This was after talking asking Linda's advice. We are trying it on one finger only, he asked his dr first. If it is psoriasis and has been confirmed by a dr you could also try IBX?x

Thanks Hun. She has been to the docs in the past (she's in her late 40's now) but they have never really given her an explanation as to what or why it is happening??? I feel for her as she's sasoooo embarrassed by them and longs for lovely long nails. Am I able to offer a nail service (I work with gels) with it possibly being psoriasis?? X

I definitely wouldn't put gels on your friend. I think she could have a gentle manicure but be very careful as she could get an infection. Does she suffer from skin psoriasis, by any chance, or psoriatic arthritis? I just looked up on the internet psoriasis of the nails, maybe you should have a look, as I think it could be helpful.

I definitely wouldn't put gels on your friend. I think she could have a gentle manicure but be very careful as she could get an infection. Does she suffer from skin psoriasis, by any chance, or psoriatic arthritis? I just looked up on the internet psoriasis of the nails, maybe you should have a look, as I think it could be helpful.

Okey dokey, thank you for your advice &#128076; her skin seems in good condition (other than general wear and tear from
Heavy cleaning lol). I will take a look on the internet now, thanks again xxx

Do you have IBX? I am trailing IBX on a clients partner who has psoriasis. This was after talking asking Linda's advice. We are trying it on one finger only, he asked his dr first. If it is psoriasis and has been confirmed by a dr you could also try IBX?x

I do have IBX although due to the splits in her nail which exposes the nail bed, Linda has advised against it xxx

Latest posts

Back