Nail Course :Any advice gratefully received

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidiprincess13

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to book a nail course and wondered what would be the best one,

capital hair and beauty do a Complete Nail Technician Course - USING PROFILE SALONSYSTEM ACRYLIC PROFESSIONAL KIT
A comprehensive training program designed for those wishing to
acquire the capability & competence as a skilled nail technician & enter
into the world of nail technology. It is also a great opportunity for
experienced nail technicians to revive & update their skills, or change
over from an existing nail system.
Accredited By
Timetable : 10am - 5pm
Day 1 - Luxury Manicure
Day 2 - UV Soak Off Coloured Gel
Day 3 - Nail Tips/UV Gel Extensions
Day 4 - Acrylic Nails
Day 5* - Maintenance & Infill’s - compulsory
Day 6* - Review & Assessment - compulsory
What will the course cover?
· Salon hygiene, sanitation / health & safety
· Structure of the nail, basic anatomy & physiology (hand and arm)
· Client Consultation, contra-indications & client care
· Nail diseases & disorders
· Natural Nail preparation
· Salon System Profile Product Knowledge
· Tip Application
· UV Gel, Coloured UV Gels & Acrylic nail enhancements
· Sculptured nails using the acrylic method
· Maintenance, re balancing & removals
· Promotion & Marketing of your new skill
What do I need to know before I start the course?
IMPORTANT: Students must remove artificial nail structures prior to the course. Students must also
be prepared to have nail extensions applied and removed during the course. Refreshments will be
provided but we recommend you bring your lunch.
Will I need to bring any materials?
All materials will be provided on the course including 4 training handbooks. The following kits may
be needed during the 6 - 8 week period prior to the exam:
- Manicure Kit xx + VAT (code 585901)
- UV Soak Off Gels xx + VAT (code 350525)
- Acrylic Kit xx + VAT (code 585388)
- UV Gel Kit xxx + VAT (code 585142)
- UV Lamp xx + VAT (code 350526)
How will the course be assessed?
Observation of practical skills will be performed during the course along with oral questioning to
clarify understanding. An assessment for all systems learnt will take place approximately 6 - 8 weeks
later. Additional practice at home will be mandatory for the exam.
Is the course accredited?
A certificate of attendance will be awarded to successful students who achieve the required level of
proficiency. Public liability insurance can be obtained through Professional Beauty and the Guild of

Professional Beauty Therapists. This course is also approved by Habia.

OR THERE IS THIS ONE USING NSI ATTRACTION PROFESSIONAL KIT
5 Day Foundation Course – Liquid and Powder Cost £525 includes kit valued at £xx

This Course is designed to provide a platform upon which the amateur can develop their skills.
The course has been carefully constructed to provide you with the right mix of both practical skills and knowledge, which will enable you to progress in your career as a nail professional.
The course is split into 2, two-day sessions with a fifth day for your practical assessment.
THE SYSTEM

The NSI Attraction Acrylic System is truly the most advanced liquid and powder system available. The powders are a unique blend, available in radiant colour options, which offer effortless workability and deliver exceptional strength and flexibility. The Attraction Liquid is low odour, non-yellowing and designed for easy pick up. The System empowers the user to create captivating enhancements with it’s unique flow and spring back action.
Upon completion of a Course, students will graduate with an NSI Diploma which is highly recognised and approved by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetology). This will allow students to obtain insurance and enable you to practice as a qualified NSI Technician.
Foundation-Course-Liquid-and-Powder1.jpg
COURSE CONTENT

• Health & Safety
    • Nail Anatomy
    • Nail diseases/disorders
    • Basic Manicure techniques
    • Tip application
    • Sculpting techniques
    • Powder liquid ratio
    • Product application
    • Filing and finishing techniques
    • Maintenance procedures
    • Enhancement removal
    • Nail biters
    • Repairs
    • Salon know how/etiquette
    • Business building
A model will be required on days 2, 3, 4 and exam day.

An NSI Certifiacte will be awarded on successful completion of the Exam

Evening Course

A Course over 6 evenings, plus exam day
Total Cost £365.00
The first part of the Manual will be sent to you for home study before you start the course.
This covers: Anatomy of the Nail; Contra Indications; Product Knowledge and Health & Safety.
NSI Training Manual & Catalogue will be supplied and all Products for the five evenings.
Students will need to purchase additional NSI products to enable them to practice leading up to Exam Day.
A model will be required on evenings 2 to 6 and Exam day inclusive.
An NSI Certificate will be awarded on completion and pass on Exam Day.

ANY REPLIES ARE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the two nsi is a far superior product in my opinion however I'm a creative gal all the way they offer the BEST training and the best products but as I say personal opinion

Out of the two nsi is a far superior product in my opinion however I'm a creative gal all the way they offer the BEST training and the best products but as I say personal opinion

I'll second that.:) CND for me too.

Yip again out of the two nsi is the best, i trained with them and walked away 110% happy! Goodluck xx

Latest posts

Back