Nail course-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dianne

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first & prob won't be last !
I'm about to start my VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology (QCF) with the Beauty Academy . Can anyone tell me which books I should buy that will be helpful to me plz ?
Thanks !

Dianne x

Hi Diane
Two of the best books I found helpful are the nail Encyclopedia by jaqui Jeoffard second edition, would watch the spelling of the names though I've prob got them wrong lol and the complete nail technician by Marian Newman both authors are also experts and amazing nail techs.
Hth and good look with your course :)

Thanks Misse82 . I'll have a look on eBay & Amazon see what I can find I had a look before but didn't know what I should be buying like a said I'm new to nails , I do hair & tanning so this is completely new for new me . But anyway thanks for ur help x

Dianne x

The best reference book to help you through your NVQ in Nails is The Complete Nail Technician 3rd edition by Marian Newman, it is available on Amazon orfrom Sweet Squared and I think it is also available from HABIA.

We are also lucky on here that Marian Newman aka mum is a member and contributes here on the Nail Forum :)

If you buy the NVQ book that directly correlates with your course you get so much help with how to approach each module it's got to be worth it. It guides you. Any other books should be used as supplementary learning.

Hi all this is my first & prob won't be last !
I'm about to start my VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology (QCF) with the Beauty Academy . Can anyone tell me which books I should buy that will be helpful to me plz ?
Thanks !

Dianne x

I'm also doing my VTCT Level 3 in Nail Technology with the Beauty Academy. I can highly recommend Marian Newmans book, The Complete Nail Technician 3rd edition. It's pricey but so worth it.

Thanks everyone glad I asked i bought The encyclopaedia of nails by Jacqui Jefford & Anne Swain but I shall order the Marion Newman 1 too !
Don't know what I would do without this site lol 😉

Dianne x

Nail class by Gigi will become your bible it's amazing and only about 15.00 look on sweet squared x

As missy said the complete nail tech will help you with your modules, you will also get a course study guide that will help too. That's all you will need, other books are useful but not necessary :)

The vctc nvq lvl 3 course is hard work but fun and I'm enjoying every bit.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I checked my junk mail & guess what I found lol My study guide !
Getting on a lot better . Still trying to get that Marian Newman book just hoping it comes down a bit in price ! Lol

Dianne x

The NVQ book helped so much with just putting everything in the right format. I'd have wasted so much time without it

Latest posts

Back