Nail Course in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie1

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to do the masters diploma in nail technology with the nail and beauty academy and I'm just now completing my booking form online.

Before I do book it though, I want someone to give me advice on whether I'll be able to work in Westminster with this diploma? Apparently, I need to have an NVQ or equivalent. I looked at the VRQ on their website but it doesn't cover even half the skills that the masters diploma covers...I think this is silly and I just want some advise from proper nail techs, working in London, to find out whether I need to get the vrq, or if the masters diploma is acceptable.

Plus, the nail and beauty academy have been going for years so I think they're pretty reputable for nails courses etc...they're website is here Nail Courses | Nails and Beauty Academy. It gives details of the vrq and masters in nails. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - Just had a look at the Masters Diploma..... 21 skills in 5 days !!! Seems a lot to take in in only 5 days ?

What I don't understand is, why it is called a 'Master' diploma when the skill level required is at 'beginners' stage..?!

The course doesn't seem to include any products, and 5 days is very short to learn everything on the list.

There is a CND Academy in London, maybe you want to take a look at the CND extensive courses for beginners?

Jump!

i think its called masters because it takes you from beginner to masters level. Thats not the issue though, I want to know whether I need an nvq/vrq equivalent qualification in order to work in london? I learn more on the masters though, but that isnt an nvq...

i think its called masters because it takes you from beginner to masters level. Thats not the issue though, I want to know whether I need an nvq/vrq equivalent qualification in order to work in london? I learn more on the masters though, but that isnt an nvq...
Yes you do, and you will not get it with a 5 day course. To call it a master course is ridiculous., but that's not relevant to your question.

The CND beginners course also will secure you an ITEC diploma which will allow you to work in london Westminster.

Last edited:
was looking at same course actually and other ones too - had my thread.

Still not sure what to do.

was looking at same course actually and other ones too - had my thread.

Still not sure what to do.

Just so you know, this thread was started back in 2012.

Latest posts

Back