Nail course - Next Step Beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise-85

Reaction score
Hi Louise,

I am interested in this course too! I have been talking to a couple of people on here about it as it's helpful to hear what other people think. I am still not completely sure but I think whichever course you do there is always going to be another out there that will be better for one reason or another. My friends are all saying go for it otherwise I will never know, so I would say, unless you hear from anyone else on here who might be able to offer advice I would do it hun. I have heard alot about intensive courses not being that good but I know of a nail tech through a colleague at work who completed a 2 day intensive course and she now works in a nail salon in Kent so there must be some out there that are genuine!

I have looked at the CND complete course and I don't doubt the quality for a second but for me my job prevents me from being able to do a course like that. I looked at the Next Step course because then I can book a week's leave in one hit rather than individual days over a period of several weeks which I believe from what I have heard that is how the CND course works - I might be wrong.

There is also a link via Facebook for Next Step Beauty College where students are commenting on there about the courses so maybe take a look at that!
Whatever you do I wish you luck hun.

Hi Floss26

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look and the comments are mainly positive so it has made me want to do the course even more!

Thanks again!

I've just commented in the other post.
I didn't enjoy it. Personally think there is too much in such a short space. I think that goes for all nail courses that are fast track. It takes time to master nails and this can't be done in a week. Just my opinion. Sorry it's negative!

Hi

I read your other post. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it. As you mentioned in other post, I have found more positive than negative comments about nsb so it's even more difficult now to be able to decide what to do as you have actually been there and know what it's like. Oh! Where did you train?

I trained in derby. The tutor was lovely but actually told us she was nervous and spent all of the theory reading out of the manual! Anyone could of done that. She was good at the practical side. I have heard some fab reports of the tutors from nsb though so maybe just a bad week.
My experience wasn't just that though, I found it was too much information to take in and some of the girls at the end of each day looked like rabbits in headlights!
I already had my a&p and manicure and a bit of experience as I said so I found the theory was fine. For anyone with no nail experience or knowledge I think it's best to do a longer course and learn things with time to practise I between each system.
Like lots of other posts have said, they were impressed with the course. Down to individuals I guess.

It's still good to hear what you think .. it all helps with my decision. I am not qualified in any way but have done manicures, pedicures and acrylics for friends, family and on myself buying kit off of the net etc but would like to be able to work professionally. I am a little scared going back to school ... it's been a while lol but hope I would be ok as I genuinely enjoy nails and have had some practice time already in some ways. Like I said always good to hear other peoples opinions.

If you wouldn't mind I have posted a list of kit which the college advises buying for the practice period on another thread (nail tech kit advice). Did you use this and if not, perhaps it has been updated since, what do you think??? Thanks!

would this training get you a job in a salon?

Hi Jasp2010

The course is accredited by BABTAC and advises that you could gain insurance upon completion so yes you would be able to gain employment in a salon, mobile or however you choose from what I have found out.

I am torn between doing this course and doing an Essentials Nails course from home. The difference is that you do the courses seperately so works out more expensive, but can't put a price on quality, eh?

I've also found another site called Creative and they offer courses too. Argh its soooo difficult :(

xx

It's still good to hear what you think .. it all helps with my decision. I am not qualified in any way but have done manicures, pedicures and acrylics for friends, family and on myself buying kit off of the net etc but would like to be able to work professionally. I am a little scared going back to school ... it's been a while lol but hope I would be ok as I genuinely enjoy nails and have had some practice time already in some ways. Like I said always good to hear other peoples opinions.

If you wouldn't mind I have posted a list of kit which the college advises buying for the practice period on another thread (nail tech kit advice). Did you use this and if not, perhaps it has been updated since, what do you think??? Thanks!

I already had my own kit from and their kit was used during training so I can't comment on what kits they sell. Hope you make a decision soon! Good luck! Too many courses to choose from these days!

Completely agree. Far too many courses out there all claiming to offer quality and recognised qualifications, how are we to decide ...! I looked at home study but I know I would get side-tracked. With a short course I would defo go do what I had to do and then start out on my own or salon etc but have a full time job currently so have got to fit that in around study! Left it late, should've done it a year or more ago ... would be up and running by now ... hey ho I will get there one way or another. Good luck all x

I have had a terrible time with this company! I booked for February with them and they kept cancelling at last minute an booking me onto next months.This went on for 4-5 months and took me weeks to get my money back!! They also ignored my e-mails and everytime I phoned they said someone would call me back and didnt!! Nightmare.

Latest posts

Back