Nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa87

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site but was hoping for some honest advise, I recently did a nail extension course, it was a 3day course where I learnt to do tips with acrylic overlay, I was wondering if this is enough to start working on people to set up mobile or if i would need a lot more training?

I know I didn’t feel confident enough to venture straight out, there’s tough competition about and I didn’t want to start commercially too soon and risk getting a poor reputation if I messed up. Practice and practice some more, use full false nails, friends, oranges, anything...

I know I didn’t feel confident enough to venture straight out, there’s tough competition about and I didn’t want to start commercially too soon and risk getting a poor reputation if I messed up. Practice and practice some more, use full false nails, friends, oranges, anything...

Oranges? [emoji848]What techniques could you practice. Im also new to learning the art of nails

I suppose if you can get insurance, can do a decent job people are willing to pay for, then go for it.
I have done the course work etc but still not brave enough to make the leap. Still practicing. Tough competition tho. Good luck!

Oranges? [emoji848]What techniques could you practice. Im also new to learning the art of nails

Haha, it was the most rediculous thing I could think of on the spur of the moment, essentially I just meant grab whatever is to hand that lets you try out those tricky moves over and over again.;)

Hey - I've just started my business slowly and the way I'm doing it charging a low price and called it a 'training offer.' That way people know that I'm doing the offer as a trainee giving them to opportunity to gain from a lower than usual price.

Oranges... Haha that made me laugh, yeah I'll have alot more practise on friends and family first, thanks

Hey - I've just started my business slowly and the way I'm doing it charging a low price and called it a 'training offer.' That way people know that I'm doing the offer as a trainee giving them to opportunity to gain from a lower than usual price.
That's a good idea I think I'll try that, at least they know that if somerhing isn't perfect they know why, thanks

Haha, it was the most rediculous thing I could think of on the spur of the moment, essentially I just meant grab whatever is to hand that lets you try out those tricky moves over and over again.;)
oooh lol :D x

Latest posts

Back