Nail courses on Ebay! Ha!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Scratchers Geek
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2927941282&category=11870

What's the CTA anyway?

I really liked the way she doesn't actually say how much it costs in total!

never heard of the CTA either but i'm sure i seen that picture before !!

Jane said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2927941282&category=11870

What's the CTA anyway?

Is there anything people don't sell on Ebay :o?!! Still, the response must have been overwhelming because once one course listing was set up at £30, the next one went on at a starting price of 0.01p.....oooooh I just have to bid for that....bargain ;)! On second thoughts, I think I'll save my penny and hold out for her line dancing tee-shirt :pukeon:

I asked the question and here is the reply:

HI THERE.
CTA STANDS FOR CRAFT TRAINER AWARD WHICH IS THE EQUIVALANT TO 730 1+2 OF THE CITY & GUILD WHICH MEANS I AM QUALIFIED TO TEACH. THE CERTIFICATE YOU WILL RECEIVE WILL BE IN YOUR NAME AND STATE THAT YOU ARE A BEGINNER THIS WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE TO OBTAIN INSURANCE (THAT'S HOW I STARTED MANY MOONS AGO), MANY TRAINING CENTRES OFF YOU GLAMOROUS NAMES AND TITLES BUT ONCE YOU KNOW THE BASICS YOU CAN DO WHAT THE CALL ADD ON COURSES (WITH ANYONE) TO EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE. (IE AIRBRUSHING, SCULPTING, ETC) THE COURSE WILL COVER QUITE A LOT. 1. PREPARATION, THE NAIL, ANATOMY OF THE NAIL, STRUCTURE, PUROPSE, DISORDERS, CONTRAINDICATIONS, NAIL TYPES (NATURAL) +( ENHANCERS).MANICURE, PREP OF ENHANCER, PREP OF NAIL, APPLICATION (IN WHICH EVER METHOD YOU CHOOSE) GEL, ACRYLIC, SILK WRAP, FIBREGLASS. EVEN THOUGH IT IS CALLED A BASIC COURSE YOU WILL LEARN ENOUGH TO GET YOU THROUGH A DIPLOMA.
I HOPE THIS HELPS.

i HAVE ABOUT 30 STUDENTS AT THE MOMENT

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08 May 2003 22:55:03
To: [email protected]
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2927941282

Can you tell me what CTA stands for - would this get me a recognised certificate to get insurance - what brand products are included.

Wow it sounds so not good i dread to think what we will see on e bay next and she still never told you what products are being used in my opinion stick with a company that has a glamourous name

:shock:

Oh my word! :shock:

I want glamorous products, glamorous packaging, glamorous (and safe) ingredients, glamorous aftercare advise... Yep, I'd stick to the 'glamorous' name everytime!!! :D

Kx

Yep, I'd stick to the 'glamorous' name everytime!!!

Are you talking about the line dancing t-shirt again??

I asked the question and here is the reply:

Good on Fiona for asking! I think it's more likely to stand for Can't Teach Anything![/b]

I think it's more likely to stand for Can't Teach Anything!

i think you might be right about that one jane lol

:D

I sort of asked the question again as she didnt answer the product question. I also looked up CTA on Google and found their site - I think it is University of York - CTA is a teaching qualification but there is no information as to what nail technology the lady has - all it means is that she has a teaching qualification.

Here is second response:

Hi there,
I use a variety of products in the training.
If you are using GEL i would ask you to use STARNAILS.
If you are using Acrylic I would ask you to use Michelle Porter.
If you are using Fiber Or Silk with resin i would suggest Michelle porter or idb. I really depends on if you want one 2 one training or a group or Distance with a final exam. There are so many different ways of doing the course and prices vary but most of my students ask me to come over and do a one day practical after you have sent in the module for application to ensure correct methods are carried out.
Where abouts do you live? and what method of application are you interested in?
Thank you
Sarah

-------Original Message-------

Date: 09 May 2003 13:16:15
To: sarah grantham
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2927941282

Thank you for your answer - can you tell me what product range you use in your training

I want to become a trainer, can you tell me exactly how I go about it, never been on ebay and after reading these posts I`m a bit confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back