Nail courses/starter kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillyb

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope your all okay !!

I have been doing alot of reading during lockdown and would really like to do a course on nail enhancements. I have had a look through the threads and realise CND is a well respected option.

I have also seen that glitterbells are doing a online course.
With everything going on I'm not sure when the courses will be available to attend. Do you think doing an online course and getting a kit to practice would be a good option followed later by a face to face learning experience?
I have also seen places like the beauty academy doing online course, has anyone ever done a course with them before ?

Also were would you say I could get a good starter kit from ?

I know face to face is always the best option and would enable me to get the help I need but with this virus we font have any idea when things will be moving forward.

No, nails is a practical thing, I truly believe you cannot learn a new hands on skill remotely. Skill building once you've mastered the basics yes, but not as a complete beginner.

If you've spent time reading the forums you will have seen hundreds of posts from techs struggling with lifting, cracking, peeling, etc, these are mostly down to incorrect prep and/or incorrect application. You need to see, feel and touch to correct those things.

Read the 3 main text books recommended in the forum whilst we're locked down, nothing beats good education, and book on to a beginners course the moment we're unlocked.

Latest posts

Back