Nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBD!

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm having an issue with finding decent beginners nail courses in & around where I live. (Milton Keynes)

Bedford college do a 12 week course but not until sept 2015!

I've looked at Young Nails, Beauty Academy, MK College, Gateway, Next Step Beauty & CND.

Young Nails don't have training anywhere near me. Beauty Academy I'm unsure about bc of actual amount of training you receive. MK College only offer courses if you already have a mani & pedi qualification. (Which I don't) Both gateway & next step beauty are only 1 day course so concerned I won't learn everything I'll need to be a good technician. CND I'd need to remortgage my house to pay for there course! Lol

I've read lots of ppl saying you should train with whose products you want to use, but bc I'm a complete beginner how will I know what product brand I want to use?

Any advice/suggestions will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

You could try the creative beauty group, I know they have an educator in Milton Keynes

Here a link to the education page showing all the educators

Creative Beauty Education

Hi have you considered training with Harmony? They do a mani/pedi course using All That jazz products (gorgeous) then you can go on to do the Gelish 101 translation course and progress from there, I've been trained by them and their products, service, training and after sales support (products and training) are excellent x

I think you'll find many providers of short (1-2 day) basic mani/pedi courses that would make you eligible for the MK college course.

Just make VERY sure that the Mani/pedi course is suitably accredited, that MK college will accept you with that course. i.e. that the couree provider has been assessed and accredited themselves, they're not just someone who's made their course up!

For example, you mention this academy and they do say this course is accredited by The Guild of Beauty Therapists.
Manicure & Pedicure Training Course

I am NOT recommending them, I know nothing about them other than what I have just read on their site.

I don't suppose any of you know of any companies that do nail courses in Tenerife?

Calgel are Mk based.. I trained with them, fab!! ☺

Michelle's Nails

Thank you everyone for all your advice/suggestions.

I have been looking at nsi for quite a while now and after quite a bit of research I think I would like to train with nsi for L&P. There is no training centre near me but I think to get the right training to become a good tech Im happy to travel.
I've also been toying with doing nsi uv gel balance course as I'd like to keep with same brand but from what I've read ppl are either nsi or CND!
I don't want to be confusing myself at this early stage but its def more to think about than what ppl realise. :confused:

Latest posts

Back