Nail cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inktavia

Reaction score
Hi there I noticed one of my clients came back for another set and her natural nails were kind of cracked looking? Like they had stress lines and tiny cracks across her nail- what is causing this?
Is it the acrylic application?

Sounds like damage to the natural nail from lifting, do you have a photo, it's easier to see what you mean from a picture.

Sounds like damage to the natural nail from lifting, do you have a photo, it's easier to see what you mean from a picture.

Hi there! I didn’t get a photo but I just saw kreationsbykiki on Instagram post this picture and the cracks I mean were like in the picture on the ring finger!
IMG_4147.JPG

That's the exact damage you would see on nails that pulling off the overlay/extension would cause. The lines are damage to the nail plate, the rest of the cells are on the back of the overlay product.

Not the application itself, more like someone has pulled them off and left some of the nail behind. Poor/unprofessional removal is a likely culprit.

Okay so it is not something I am causing myself directly, and could avoid by advising clients do a proper removal as opposed to ripping them off themselves (as I do, but they are stubborn, LOL!)

Thank y’all very much.

Okay so it is not something I am causing myself directly, and could avoid by advising clients do a proper removal as opposed to ripping them off themselves (as I do, but they are stubborn, LOL!)

Thank y’all very much.

If they are regular clients you should be recommending they come to you for removal each time rather than removing themselves. I include removal of my work in the price. Our clients haven't been trained to remove products properly and could easily damage their nails.

Latest posts

Back