Nail crystals - glass?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannaellen

Reaction score
Hi
Keen to know if you use cheap eBay gems (1000s for £1) or actual glass gems?
I wasn't impressed with cheap eBay ones, they went dull!

Where do you buy your flat back gems?
Are they made of glass?
Do they need to be actual Swarovski or is this a con/gimmick?
What do they usually cost? (Actual Swarovski seems excessive!?)

I don't think I trust spending my money ebay, I want to know what I am really getting - thoughts welcome...?

Thanks for tips and hints and links to buy please x

These days I only use genuine Swarovski crystals. You can get them from for example scatter crystals or bluestreak crystals. If you buy the wholesale/factory packages they end up very affordable.
The clear colour and the AB colors are my most popular, but also rose gold and blush Rose are popular.
For example a pack of 1440 Swarovski Crystals in ss8 is £24.78.
Check here
That's a cost of £0.017 per crystal. If you charge £0.5 per crystal that's a nice profit. Don't forget to write it off against your taxes as well, since its a business expense.

Last edited:
I also only use genuine Swarovski crystals and buy mine from Bluestreak Crystals.

Thank you Ciderella71 and 7thheaven. That was exactly what I was looking for!!! Yes, they look SO much nicer than ebay gems.

Thank you Ciderella71 and 7thheaven. That was exactly what I was looking for!!! Yes, they look SO much nicer than ebay gems.

I’m a brand ambassador for Bluestreak crystals and you can get a discount if you use code PURR5. Every little helps!

I get mine from Bluestreak Crystals also and they are just gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back