Nail dehydrator!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I am starting acrylic nails and right now I am figuring out what to buy online. But I am on a 400 dollar budget |: so I'm trying to find the cheapest product but yet still works great.
So my question is, do you have to use nail dehydrator? Or can you use just primer? & a lot of people are saying you can just use running alcohol for a substitution of the dehydrator, is that true? Thanks !:)

Yes you should use dehydrater as well as primer. I buy alchol wipes, most of them are about .5c per wipe

Oh ok, so I would be able to use rubbing alcohol instead of the dehydrator?

Yep, just make sure its single use :)

Okay, thank you so much! Also, this might be a really dumb question, but how many sets of acrylic nails do you think you would be able to do with 2 ounces of powder? (Nail bed)

Hun, we can't tell, it all depends. 40-50,but if you are a beginner you will waste id say a half of it.

If you are going to start off doing everything with the cheapest products and substituting the system products for cheap less effective substitutes then you will have a rough and rocky road to travel.

The least expensive way to buy your system products that work in the most effective way and that work synergistically for making the best and safest nails possible, is to buy a starter kit from the brand you want to use. CND have such kits and use them for classes and they are terrific value. It is the best way to start off right and use the things that work together for best results.

Alcohol is not an effective dehydrator ... It is a sanitiser ... Not the best to dehydrate. With CND you only need one Sanitiser/dehydrator (ScrubFresh) and you don't need to use any primer with the system. When buying better brands, you will find you also need to use less product, fewer solutions, fewer consumables etc. You will also then find, that using a better branded system, as opposed to cobbling together cheaper products as substitutes, will actually only cost you a few cents difference overall!

Particularly If you are just starting out, you should stick to a branded system. Neither you nor anyone else knows better than the chemists that create these systems and you gain nothing by trying to make your own. When things go wrong for you how will you know which of the cheap substitutions is causing your problems? For added confidence and better results ... Use the whole system.

Last edited:
Hello. I am new nail tech too. I have practised with e bay products but now wants to move on a step up but don't know where to buy the good products for acrylic. Any thoughts on that please.
Thanks

Hello. I am new nail tech too. I have practised with e bay products but now wants to move on a step up but don't know where to buy the good products for acrylic. Any thoughts on that please.
Thanks

In order to buy branded systems you need to have a professional qualification. Your profile does not indicate that you are a trained professional ... If you are not, then you will not have legal access to pro products nor carry the necessary insurance to work on the public.

I am a professionally trained. As far as my profile is concerned I just joined this app last night and trying to know how does it works. Thanks

I am a professionally trained. As far as my profile is concerned I just joined this app last night and trying to know how does it works. Thanks

Welcome to the site...take your time and you will soon find your way about.

This is a site for salon professionals and you do need to fill out your profile to let our other members know what kind of geek you are, nails, Hair or Skin etc.

You can go to your profile and edit it when using the site on a browser like Safari.

As we are professionals we also never advise anyone to buy professional use products from EBay.
As Geeg has said, you need to do some research (the search facility here on site will be invaluable for that!) on a good branded professional system and buy into that and use a complete system. Cherry picking different items from different systems based on cost is just a recipe for disaster :(

Done my nails for about 6 years now and i need to find a sub for nail primer, i can not get to sally's right now and there are no other stores near me, professional for licence or otherwise. i have alcohol for dehydration, what else could i use instead of nail primer for acrylic application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back