Nail desk to rent in a hair salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just been speaking to a lady who owns a hair salon, she has a nail desk to rent and she is offering in for £20 a day, £30 on a saturday.

I dont enjoy enhancements (need further training) so would be offering a choice of 3 OPI manicures, 2 OPI pedicures and OPI Gelcolor (there is a course running next week with one place left eeek!) and selling retail, polishes to match the gelcolor and avoplex oil etc.

The deal is that I have my own insurance, do my own advertising, use my own products, and they take the appointments.

This all sounds fabulous, but Im wondering, as I dont have a client base, (as I've been working in a different kind of work) whether this is a good oportunity or whether I am being over excited?!

The owner is asking for set days from me so she can get another part time nail technician on the alternative days (i could do full time but cant afford to pay the rent for a week, when i dont have garaunteed clients) and I am aware that if the other tech offers enhancements she may gain more clients so I would be looking at further acrylic/gel training soon. Although for now, I could promote myself as 'natural nails' only.

The owner is wanting to know how many and which days I will do per week and wants 2 months rent as a deposit and then the rent for each month upfront, is this normal? I do understand its business and wouldnt want to mess her around, however, this is the first time ive been in this situation so have no idea whats the norm!!

Anyone any advice on this please, and would it work just offering manicures/pedicures/gelcolor? anything else I could add except for enhancements/nail art. Was thinking of he callus heel peel, but any other ideas please?

xxx

Anyone have any advice? I forgot to mention, the owner also wants a trade test of all treatments i will offer! is that normal for room rental?

Latest posts

Back