Nail desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey geeks

I've been sitting on my laptop all afternoon thinking what desk is best to buy. I've looked on Ikea & Argos
and I don't know which ones would be comfortable to work on.

Any suggestions? I've already looked on the search area.

Chairs I've decided it's going to be office chairs.

Sorry forgot to add in.

What length?
What Height?
What width?

Is best to work from, without feeling uncomfortable and doing my back in.

Hey hun I've just got my "nail desk" from Ikea and it was £17! It's a fab size too, so I would suggest going to your local Ikea. xx

Hey hun I've just got my "nail desk" from Ikea and it was £17! It's a fab size too, so I would suggest going to your local Ikea. xx

Oh a pic would be fab? Do you have one? x

Hi hun I've yet to put the table together lol. But I'll give you the name of it and you could look it up on their site. It's called Vika Amon if you type that in it might show up. If not I'll inbox you a pic once I've put it together. xx

Thank u! Is this the one with thin legs? Glass top?

Yes it is hun, they have a number of different table tops, you can then choose the table legs too. My table legs were £2.50 each, then the table top was £7! The tables come in three different widths/lengths too. xx

Thanks that's the one I've been looking at!

You can customise the colours as well which is great.

As I'm setting up in my front lounge
(I have 2 lounges) it's already done up with decor & furniture.
Brown & turquoise, wallpaper on chimney wall.
Cream carpet, lovely chandelier, brown leather sofas & wall mirror.

So I'm thinking for going black with table & chairs. As brown & turquoise is hard to find.

I have a black glass one from ikea with the optionall black legs, lve it its perfect

Yeah I picked the white one, with silver table legs. xx

If you want a proper nail desk it is worth looking on this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/tivoloschoice2012/ Custom made nail desks, so they can make them in any colour you want. If you look through their photos you will see all the different styles they do. Considering they are custom made they are not massively expensive (under £150 I think), clearly this is much more than an Ikea desk, but it will look really professional, last for years and be exactly the right width, depth and height for working.

Can't open the link?

Ok search on facebook for Tivolos Choice

ive got the vika amon in black brown with black legs and i got a cheap storage drawers in there for a tenner too until i decide what storage i really want xx

Souz- do u find this table comfortable for working & to keep all your thing on?

I'm getting mine from Ikea tmrw.

thanks for putting the link up for tivolo's choice i think they look fabulous for the price and so individual, i love the sparkly glitter tops and the fact they do the fold down on castors variety as i only have a small space to work in which means i can fold the side down to make space for a pedi :biggrin:

ive got the vika amon in black brown with black legs and i got a cheap storage drawers in there for a tenner too until i decide what storage i really want xx

Think that's exactly what I have, is it the metal mesh storage with 3 draws in it. I love it fits fab under my desk with the CND lamp n top so its out of the way until I need it.

That Facebook page is great, thanks for the link :)

Does anyone know if the Facebook page is still available?

Yes it is im on it, but its a secret group so u may not find it, u have to be invited to join i think. If u want me to try & add you to it inbox me ur fb name x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back