Nail desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
so as the begginings of my home salon are coming together I thought it was about time I had a look for a decent size desk to work on. So off I went to Ikea yesterday and found a fab peanut shapped desk which would be ideal. It is narrow enough to not over streatch the arms in the middle but get really wide at the 2 ends so plenty of space for "stuff" and at $79 is way cheaper than a professional desk! Now as with any good news there is a down side!

The table only comes in one colour - bright red! Both hubby and I think that this is not really suitable for a salon - what do you think, will it be OK? I was hoping to go for tranquil pastel colours, pinks and greens maybe!

Grrrr I looked at this very same table. Loved the design,,,,cheap enough to replace if it gets knackered,,,,,,,,,,,awful colour!! I am after something in silver.
Hope you find something soon.
At the moment I am using a lovely wooden narrow table with 2 little drawers in for my bits and bobs. I am getting some glass cut to fit over the top for protection and then I am placing my prices and any offers underneath. So clients can see this as they have their work completed.

oh thats a good idea

I'm not a DIY person but could you not paint it in the colour you desire or relaminate it?

A glass top is a fab idea but sounds expensive to have one cut and ground (edges) in safety glass to your bespoke requirements.

why not get alan to get some wood laminate stuff and put it over the top ??, make use of him hun hes a joiner , lol , tell him if he does it for ya i will send him loads more chocolate , pmsl xxxx

why not get alan to get some wood laminate stuff and put it over the top ??, make use of him hun hes a joiner , lol , tell him if he does it for ya i will send him loads more chocolate , pmsl xxxx
Well if hubby is a joiner, job sorted!

I'm not a DIY person but could you not paint it in the colour you desire or relaminate it?

A glass top is a fab idea but sounds expensive to have one cut and ground (edges) in safety glass to your bespoke requirements.

Not too expensive........it's who you know!! lol

Not too expensive........it's who you know!! lol
lol I guess so if you don't have to pay the full whack...glad you got your sorted.:hug:

we talked about painting the desk last night and decided that it would not stand up to the sanitising and drops of glue n stuff so thats out!

I am going today to get the cheaper version which is just a plain white desk that will be just fine for now and then I am thinking me and hubby will design and make something better when we have a bit of money and time to spend on it. Right now I just need to get my kitchen table back for feeding kids!

we talked about painting the desk last night and decided that it would not stand up to the sanitising and drops of glue n stuff so thats out!

I am going today to get the cheaper version which is just a plain white desk that will be just fine for now and then I am thinking me and hubby will design and make something better when we have a bit of money and time to spend on it. Right now I just need to get my kitchen table back for feeding kids!
Can't hubby relaminate the peanut desk? Well at least you've got your kitchen table back!

He probably could Cathie but for what we are paying it's really not worth it! And I kinda like the idea now of being able to have exactly what I want in the nail desk by getting him to make it! He already made me a cabinet that has storage underneath, a place for towels on top and a dispaly area!

He probably could Cathie but for what we are paying it's really not worth it! And I kinda like the idea now of being able to have exactly what I want in the nail desk by getting him to make it! He already made me a cabinet that has storage underneath, a place for towels on top and a dispaly area!
Well what the heck you going to Ikea for.....you have the man on hand...:hug:

I know - lol!
but we don't have the funds just now for the materials and I am desperate to get the kitchen table back, especially with me taking on 2 more kids from september!

Latest posts

Back